• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable middle eastern language support in Illustrator cs6?

New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to enable illustrator cs6 to support middle east? 

i have enable this option on photoshop cs6 and in InDesign cs6

but not in illustrator cs6,

please help

(i download the master collection cs6 trial version)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Hi amkhairat,

Yes, download links seems expired.

Please refer the following update download link to download the Middle Eastern version of CS6 and other legacy products.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi axnzaw,

I'm assuming you're asking about Middle Eastern/North African -specific (MENA) feature support.

• In Photoshop CS6, these are available in all language-editions. That is why you are able to use these features in Photoshop CS6.
  • In Illustrator CS6 and InDesign CS6, these features are available only in the MENA-enabled editions. This is why you will not see MENA features in the Master Collection CS6 trial version.

Information on the MENA-specific editions is awaited.

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why in InDesign CS6 its work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't find the  the me version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what many don't know: the Middle Eastern version is indeed available on InDesign (and for Creative Cloud users). In order to take advantage of the ME options you need to:

1. Sign onto Adobe Application Manager.

2. Click on your name and go to Preferences

3. Change your language from English to "תומך עברית English" or the equivilant for Arabic etc.

4. Double check to verify that the language settings took place by going into Preferences once again (it didn't work for me first time around).

Now, any application you download (I've tried it only with InDesign so far) will automatically be with Hebrew or Arabic support.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, where does Application manager store these downloaded files (mac) ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi abes2010,

I believe the Application Manager downloads the files to a location that you specify during the download process. But, to be sure, I recommend this video walkthrough of the process: http://blogs.adobe.com/vikrant/2012/05/download-install-a-cs6-trial/.

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious as to how one enables Middle Eastern input in ID or Phoptoshop!?

Where exactly does one set this option to input right to left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it in Photoshop but not ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wade,

Here's a quick video on how to enable right to left (RTL) input in Photoshop, for a language such as Arabic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfuw7m5mVTk.

Good question about PS and not ID. Adobe makes MENA features available in all editions of Photoshop. However, for Illustrator and InDesign, you need to use the MENA-enabled editions of the software. Here are some links that might help:

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi axnzaw,

The edition of Illustrator with support for Arabic is now available! The trial version of Arabic-enabled Illustrator CS6 is available at: www.adobe.com/mena_ar/downloads/download-illustrator.html.

Read more about Arabic language support in Illustrator CS6 at: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/illustrator/using/arabic-hebrew.html.

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi David,

you mentioned the ARABIC version.

what about the HEBREW version?

is it released already?

TNX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ivan,

I tried to follow the links you posted but apparently they have expired.

I too have a problem with the Arabic settings in my CS6 Illustrator. I downloaded Design Standard CS6 a while ago and the arabic ption was working fine. Just a few days ago I noticed that the Arabic options in Illustratos are not enabled - I reinstalled Illustrator and restarted my amchine (Macbook pro) but the problem still persists. I posted this question to get help from the Adobe community, but I have not yet been able to fix the problem.

Question thread is here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5140242

Please help.

Alia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amkhairat,

Yes, download links seems expired.

Please refer the following update download link to download the Middle Eastern version of CS6 and other legacy products.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where is the "French - North Africa" version for CS5.5 ?

On the link you give, i see it for CS6 only.

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know in In Design you can have a template file set up with a right to left text box which can be copied into any version of In Design and used for Arabic text.

If you can get hold of an Illustrator file set up in the ME version this may work too.

I only rarely typeset Arabic in small quantitys so this is a good workaround for me.

All the download links are now broken by the way Ivan 😃

Nick

There are plugins available also for non ME versions which will help you if your budget won't stretch to another full adobe release;

Multi language text input and editing, ScribeDOOR for Adobe Illustrator CS5.1 and CS6;

http://www.winsoft-international.com/en/downloads/print-free-downloads.html

World Tools from in-tools.com provides the same functionality for In Design;

http://www.in-tools.com/products/plugins/world-tools/

Message was edited by: nickrhodes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I think your link for MENA is not working? please kindly give me another link. I am working in arabic text now. and some lettering appearing question mark. i dont have that MENA on my options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You won't be able toget a MENA CS6 version now.

With Creative Cloud, you have to change the install language and then install a version that is capable and also:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/arabic-hebrew.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines