Windows 7

3gig i7

24 Gb ram

Premiere 6.01

Sony EX files 1920x1080 25i

Sony XDCAM EX 1080i (HQ) sequence

GTS 450 with cuda hack

Blur.jpg

I have produced a title sequence in AFX which has titles over black that dissolve into each other and have a gaussian blur added at the transition. These look fine in AFX but when rendered and played in Premiere the blurs have a hard 'jelly mould' edge to them. It looks like the effect you get when the bit depth is not high enough. This happens with both hardware accn. on or off.

Any thoughts?

Richard Knight

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 30, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to Richard M Knight

Dynamic Link?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to Richard M Knight

comp is above Black Video

Don't do that.  I've found that the underlying black messes up the "liner light processing" with GPU acceleration.  Just leave it alone in track 2 and it should look fine.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 4:17 PM   in reply to Richard M Knight

can the forum spell checker please spell COLOUR right

It does.  You mistakenly added a U there.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 12:48 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

English is a strange language. Let me explain:

There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren't invented in England nor French fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat. Quicksand works slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. Why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?

If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend. If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call the thing left? Is it an odd, or an end?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? Drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which an alarm goes off by going on.

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which, of course, is not a race at all. That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points