• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have font sizes been DRAMATICALLY reduced?

LEGEND ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text on all the forum discussion topic lists are now like 10-11pixels in size. Way too small.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

Have font sizes been DRAMATICALLY reduced?

Indeed they have, and they are in contrast to the font size in the stuff to the tright and in the threads.

This has been discussed in different threads, including this one made specifically about the issue:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1010968?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they have, and a major sore point with me.  Not only is it hard to read, the type is so small it is hard to tell it the post is bold (unread) or not.

There is no reasson for this microtype, and I use a 24 inch screen.

But the pannel on the right has larger font which I guess is the important part for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for Internet Explorer you may press CTRL and the + key to increase the font size... I did that, once was enough, to make the text easier to read

You would press CTRL and the - key to unzoom... each key press is a 10% change, from what I read at Microsoft

http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been said numerous times, yes there are workarounds, but why should we have to do that to get a usable workplace and it is a weak workaround at best.

Yes it makes the type larger, but it makes the spaces and headers larger also.  So you end up with a small view of the page, especially noticable when in reply mode.  You then end up doing a lot of scrolling.

It is a kick in the gut that Adobe does not take into consideration points raised by the main helpers on these sites.  Where is the input for Adobe to change in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web page zooming is NOT a viable solution.

Any web designer will IMMEDIATELY explain that expecting users to change standard behavior of the browser so your site specifically will be functional is ludicrous. Adobe, being the leader of creative industry creation applications, should hold themsleves to at the very least a standard used by every other web designer on the planet.

10px, bold, light blue, text would not be recommended on ANY site if the text is expected to be read. And in a discussion forum it's nothing short of insulting and reflects contempt for the users. So many of Adobe's help lines are relieved by the fact users can post in forums for solutions. If one can't read the text.. why bother ever even looking at the forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[scott w] wrote:

Web page zooming is NOT a viable solution.

You are probably right.  However, making fonts generally bigger (as it was in the 1st round of this new skin), is not a solution either.

I think the text size needs to be adjusted according to the users' screen resolution.  The layout for a 800x600 monitor must be completely different than for a 2000+ monitor.

However, I don't think the designers/authors of this new skin are capable of such a radical concept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

Well, for Internet Explorer you may press CTRL and the + key to increase the font size...

Ctrl+ / Ctrl- works on most browsers (on Windows, at least).

It is a good way to make the main section of the forum easily readable.  On the other hand, it will create overlays in various places.

ovl.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Macintosh it's Cmd+ / Cmd- and it has the many undesirable side effects that have been mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't just the text size and spacing within the discussion lists that got tweaked. The discussions themselves have an excessive amount of leading (a.k.a. line-height) compared to the original redesign.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4436173#4436173

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Grove25,

I have noticed the same thing. While it does not look "refined," it might be helpful when viewed on some devices. That one, I can live with, but if other changes are enacted, someone might want to address it.

Looks OK in the editor, but then, when posted, the leading seems to increase a few points.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines