• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum request (2)

LEGEND ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the forum skin is being redone, I have two requests that I hope to get integrated.  I will post them in two different topics, so they can be easier addressed and discussed.

Recently, several of the forums where I regularly participate receive large number of posts every day. It seems currently the forum lists 30 discussions by default.

Sometimes topics that have been posted or updated during the past 24 hours are three pages back!  For each topic to view we have to click the Next button twice, as there is no direct link to page 3.  Each topic we reply to is moved back to the top of the forum, so the oldest unanswered topic will always remain on page 3.

This wastes a lot of unnecessary time.  So my request: can we have an option to increase the number of topics listed per page?  By user, of course, not generally for everyone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to customize the view of a specific forum on a per-user basis, but you can create your own custom homepage and add whatever you want to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have wondered for years why it is not possible to have the option to look back more than one page at a time.  Other sites have this option, but perhaps it is too complex for Jive?

Sometimes I know that an anower is back 5 or 6 days, but to get there you have to press next 5 or 6 times. 

Why not have the pages listed as 1 2 3 4 5 6 <previous NEXT >    ??  That way you could jump up to 6 days at a crack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have suggested several times to implement something like this -common in other forums I frequent- in these forums, but without success:

Números.JPG

This is particularly useful in lists extending for many pages.

And I don't understand Dave's "it's not possible". Other forums I frequent do allow one to vary the number of items per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

It seems currently the forum lists 30 discussions by default.

In the drop down box if left corner you can select 15  30  50  items per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

Pat Willener wrote:

It seems currently the forum lists 30 discussions by default.

Well, I had forgotten that one also has a choice in these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

I have never noticed that!  If I select 50, I get this URL

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions#/?per_page=50

and if I change ?per_page= to 100, I have the result that I wanted.

Thank you for that very useful observation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat Willener wrote:

if I change ?per_page= to 100, I have the result that I wanted.

This has worked nicely so far, but as soon as I reply to a topic, the number is reset to the default 30.

Is there no way to change that default, at least to 50?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines