Skip navigation
shreve57
Currently Being Moderated

Using single version DPS for college class

May 31, 2012 11:23 AM

Tags: #ipad #digital_publishing_suite #adobe_content_viewer #multiple_users #single_version

Hi,

I teach media design at a four-year university and we'd like to develop an iPad app for a special topics class using the single version DPS.

We want to make sure this is workable BEFORE we spend the $400 for the app.

I've created several test folios using CS5.5 with updated folio builder and overlay creator and can only view them sporadically on the Adobe Content Viewer on my iPad (4). None of the other students (older iPads) can view them at all.

It will be necessary for at least three of us to be able to preview folios in content viewer.

Will the single version DPS provide us with a way to preview on multiple iPads? We need to do a lot of proofing and reviewing BEFORE we publish this app.

The students are REALLY excited about doing this but I need to make sure it will work before we spend the money.

We just want to create ONE single publication but again we need to make sure we can preview every article to make sure the interactivity behaves the way we intended and to copyedit.

I can't seem to get an answer for this by calling Adobe or chatting with a live rep.

Thanks so much.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to shreve57

You can share them via the Adobe Content Viewer. The recipients will need to have a verified Adobe ID.

You don't need to buy the Single DPS until you want to upload it to the App Store. Actually, you probably don't even need to buy a license if you're needing this for a selected group of people/students.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to shreve57

Could your viewing problem be that your students have not updated the  Adobe Content Viewer on his or her iPad and you have update your Content Viewer? What version of the Folio Builder panel are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to Michael_OSP

I'm using 5.5. To update, should they trash and then reinstall from the App store?

Actually, I can't see any of my new folios on my Ipad (4) either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to shreve30

In your copy of InDesign 5.5 go to the folio builder and click on the "About..." submenu item" to see what version you are running. Update if you are not using version "12.2.2.20120504." A good resource is at the top of the DPS forum -- "Can you update Adobe DPS?" That website will tell you what builder version you should be running, what tools and viewers you need.

There are discussisons on here what keeping the DPS up-to-date and the best practices to follow.

To answer your question, I don't think you need to delete and reinstall. Your iTunes and iPad should be telling you if there is an update to the content viewer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points