Skip navigation
PowerPics
Currently Being Moderated

White Screen

May 30, 2012 10:08 PM

Tags: #video #playback #elements #screen #premier #white

I just get a white screen for video display in Adobe premier elements 10?  When it launches, I get a message on incopatible display driver-intel HD Graphics 2.1.0.  All drivers are up to date.  I am running a Lenovo laptop with Windows 7, 64 bit.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 30, 2012 11:11 PM   in reply to PowerPics

Moving to the Premiere Elements forum

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 12:40 AM   in reply to PowerPics

Could you try this method from John T Smith :

This one is about your problem http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769303

I use it sometimes on my Prem Elements 9 on Vista.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to PowerPics

This is almost always a video driver issue.

When you say that you have the latest video driver, did you go to the Lenovo, or nVidia Web site, to check that? If you only checked via Windows, or some driver utility, that info will likely be at least 6 mos. out of date.

Per another thread, on video drivers, it seems that MS might have introduced an update, or hot-fix, that is breaking the video drivers with some regularity. Not sure what is up with that. It might take a week, or two, before a new video driver is introduced to fix things.

What make/model of display adapter (video card, or chip) do you have?

What is the number and date of the installed video driver?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to PowerPics

You need to go to nVidia's web site and search for your specific model of graphics card/chip

Wait... 1st you say "incopatible display driver-intel HD Graphics 2.1.0" for your Lenovo laptop

Now you say "but I am using the nvidia graphics"

Which is it?

If you have BOTH, I think you need to go into Control Panel and tell your laptop that your nVidia card/chip is default (or BIOS, I'm not sure, as I did not save the previous discussion link)

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 1:32 PM   in reply to PowerPics

I would go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, and look for Display Adapters. There should be a little square with a + in it. Open that up,and make note of the Display Adapters that are installed in Windows. Some computer mfgrs. are running both an Intel embedded chip, plus an nVidia.

It might be that you have two Display Adapters, an Intel, and an nVidia. If that is the case, my guess would be that it is the Intel, that is causing at least part of your problem.

Good luck, and let us know about the Display Adapters that you find, please.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 4:28 PM   in reply to PowerPics

I would go to Device Manager, and see exactly what you have.

Also, I would make sure to match your nVidia card/chip exactly, and then choose your OS from the drop-down.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to PowerPics

Don't you have PrE10? It certainly does have DSLR Presets, accessed at New Project. Does your installation not have those?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points