I have problem with loading fresh installed Flash CS6.
Yesterday I reinstalled system (win7, 64bit), and start downloading and installing Adobe programs. Everything worked fine, Flash started, I made few banners, and gone to sleep.
Today, when I started computer, I got notification that there are some updates, also for Flash.
After installing that I can't start Flash. I'm clicking on icon, I see welcome screen, and while 'Initializing fonts' everything just dissapear. No error, no alert, nothing.
Please follow this process before launching the application.
1. Launch the application
2. Immediately press the CTRL +SHIFT+ ALT (Before open the intial screen)
3. Delete the professional setting Yes/ no pop up would appear
4. Select YES
Please let me know if its works for you.
Thank you very much for quick and accurate response
It's works really good, but there is one 'glitch' - I have to do it every time I'm starting Flash. In other case program crashes like earlier.
But I can start it and work, so thanks again.
I hope this bug will be fixed soon.
I seem to be having this same exact issue on Windows 7 (64-bit). Fresh installation that started once, and then crashed on subsequent loads. Resetting the preferences, as suggested does the trick, but future launches continue to crash while the Fonts are initializing.
Any ideas as to what to do to make this a permanent "stick"?
Actually, just solved the problem (permanently):
If you go to:
there is a fontinfo.txt file. Open this in notepad and delete everything in it and save it, but before starting Flash again, change the properties of that fontinfo.txt file to read only so Flash can't overwrite it again. Seems to clear up the loading crash issue.
@ pawel.nejman: You're welcome! Glad I could help. I remembered once encountering this problem with Flash a few versions ago. Looks like it persists, depending on what fonts or number of fonts installed on your system
@jose_flash_ookken: There's nothing to share since the file is going to end up being a 0KB (empty) file. Just locate it on your hard drive, and follow my instructions. The problem could stem from some fonts that have strange characters in their font names (like "!"). !PaulMaul is an example.
We are investigating if this is a possible bug. Can some of you who have encountered the bug confirm the following?
Please let us know.
My answers for your questions are:
1. UAC is turned off
2. Firewall - yes, I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 12.0
3. No I didn't. One day I installed clear system, downloaded and installed Flash, next day I got notification about update, and I just installed it.
1. UAC is off
2. Firewall is on (using Windows 7 Firewall)
3. System was brand new, and even after repeatedly clearing the Preference files for Flash, I kept crashing. Note that this bug has appeared in the past for me on other systems with earlier versions of Flash. Probably just a distaste for some of the fonts I have installed.
Same problem here. Even Flash CS5.5 does not work.
I really need this fixed asap!
I tried to look in the fontinfo.txt file for weird characters, but could not find any. The file itself as the configuration folder is with "read-only" disabled. So the answer for the topic is not correct.
Are there some other suggestions maybe?
Did you actually delete everything in the fontinfo.txt file, or just look for weird characters? I don't know for a fact that weird characters in the file fail to cause Flash to launch. It could also be the sheer number of fonts too if the .txt file is large enough. Empty the .txt file, save as Read Only (you need to ENABLE this option, not Disable as in your post), and then try restarting Flash.
My fix works on Flash CS5.5 and CS6.
The logs can be found at:
Win: Program Files\Common files\Adobe\Installers or \Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\ApplicationData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\
Mac: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers or ~/ Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/
I did this and it worked Flash CS 6 is working fine but one issue i am facing after doing this that is while working on any file whenever i am attempting to change the font property (like from arial to somethign else) it is being hanged for few moments like 1 to 2 minutes.
Can you also help in solving this issue.
Europe, Middle East and Africa