• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 8 64-bit + Adobe Application Manager

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my computer to Windows 8 last night/this morning and erased all of my apps. Everytime I try to start the Adobe Application Manager, I get "Download error. Press retry to try again or contact customer support. (403)"

Is this a common error with an awesome fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Just got off phone with Adobe tech support...they are aware of the problem and hope to have it fixed very soon.  I assumed the problem was at their end cuz all my network connections and firewall settings are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know, but Windows 8 is beta-software. Officially unsupported by Adobe. But perhaps those who have been playing with Windows 8 like you will have some ideas to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started receiving same error this morning...haven't changed a thing on my computer. I'll download and install full version of AAM and see if problem is resolved. This same error started without any changes to my Windows 7 Ultimate pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's bizarre...I downloaded the full version of AAM as well, and still got the same error. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably something to do with network configuration. I'd delete the current network config and let Windows configure a new one or do so manually....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get online and do everything I was doing yesterday in regards to being on the Internet, so I don't think that's the problem.

I am currently getting around this little issue by installing each product (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc) individually, with Adobe's Download Assistant. Photoshop finished and was working perfectly (aside from video driver problems, but that's Win8, not Adobe). I will update again when everything's finished and I perform a restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off phone with Adobe tech support...they are aware of the problem and hope to have it fixed very soon.  I assumed the problem was at their end cuz all my network connections and firewall settings are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, I will close this thread then. I found a similar thread with an issue with AAM with the same fix I came up with / http://forums.adobe.com/message/4401840 (skip the Manager and install trials).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install trials was the same advice I was given. Have a great weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still investigating the 403 error.  Please try the solutions currently listed in Download error 403 launching AAM | CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-error-403-launching-aam.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of early this morning, no longer getting 403 error...AAM working fine. Thank you for CCM link...I will apply AAM 6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines