Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion and fade jumpy in preview

Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I might be posting more in the near future, because we are really trying to take our CBTs to the next level.

I am having trouble if motion paths and fades being jumpy in preview mode.  When I publish to SWF, they all function correctly.  As you can see, having to publish to preview could get a little tedious.

Any ideas?

Micky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what preview mode are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F8 = preview from this slide.  Maybe i should try F4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F4/Preview project would probably do the same.  You might try F12/Preview in browser.  The problem there is it will build all the slides, not just the ones you want to see. 

I'm sure there's a technical reason why it only works when viewed in the browser, but sorry I don't know.  I've never seen it happen with anything I've worked on, maybe it's a hardware limitation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with F12.  However, it doesn't work with F4, F8 or F10.  I'm using Captivate 5.0.  I haven't tried 5.5 or a different machine yet.

As a workaround, I use a seperate 1-slide presentation to preview anything.  If I want to preview, I copy and paste the slide from my master presentation to the demo presentation file.

If it bugs me enough, I'll try a different machine which has 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does this happen with all the projects.

Please create a new project, add an object and apply any motion path effect.

Try to preview.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project with a single text box with a LeftToRight Ease motion path and fade in&out.  It worked fine.

Either my current captivate file is corrupt, or there are too many things going on, making it jumpy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thats interesting.

Try to copy all the slides of your main project and paste in on a blank project.

Then try previewing.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources