Skip navigation
This discussion is locked
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2012 1:18 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

It works with 11.3 beta 3 (11,3,300,250) on Windows XP SP3 and Lifecam VX-1000 with these bowsers :

- Internet Explorer 8

- Firefox 12

- Safari 5.0.4

But how to get the Chrome integrated player updated ? I'm still with v11,2,202,235 in that browser, although the plugin is said to be designed for all browsers other than IE... Chrome itself is in version 19.0.1084.52.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2012 6:33 PM   in reply to Mysteerion

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 7:12 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

OK, thanks for the link. I had 3 active Flash players in Chrome, each one in a different version. One of them was not mentionned on the help page :

%userProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\11.1.31.203\pepflashplayer.dll

It was used as a second option, and couldn't detect at all the webcam, so I deactivated it too.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 5, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to Mysteerion

Could anyone running into this bug on the Mac please take a minute and generate a system report for us?  We've been trying to find devices to get this to reproduce but have so far been unable to locate one.  Please send your system report to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

i know my browser doesnt get a lot of love in the popularity stakes but im having the same issues in opera (also tried in chrome and ie). so when the update comes around please ensure that opera 11 is supported too.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 8, 2012 12:24 PM   in reply to DeaconTaylor

DeaconTaylor, the 11.3 release is out today.  You can grab it at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  Please let us know how it works out for you!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

its all good now. installed flash for other browsers and opera's working fine. uninstalled chrome and used one from flash installer. when i went to load cam it said im using an old version of flash do you want to upgrade so i said no and now its working too. thanks chris and flash team. dont let it happen again. just kidding. thanks for the quick fix

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 8, 2012 3:03 PM   in reply to DeaconTaylor

Glad to hear, thanks for letting us know.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Why to you release updates that break things.  I doubt I will ever upgrade again.  Please test your software with webcams too to make sure it works correctly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 11, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to rdb4179

rdb4179, can you elaborate further?  Are you having a problem with your camera in 11.3?  If so, what operating system, browser, URL, and camera are you using?

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 2:14 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

yeh, I still cant get my lifecam to work either! All I get is a dark still image of the first thing the cam sees when I turn it on! Im using an old version ( as suggested above) of flash in other browsers ( not chrome) It works fine then so i know its not the cam! Why make an "upgrade" that simply stops you cam from working??? ABSURD!

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 11, 2012 4:43 PM   in reply to nomis1955

Nomis, I assume you didn't see my request to you almost a month ago to verify our fix with our beta 3 release?  It's hard for us to know if everything is working correctly if we can't reproduce it internally and we don't receive feedback from users.

Can you please open a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com.  I'd like to resolve this for you but we'll need more information since we are unable to reproduce internally.  When adding the bug, can you also include a system report?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, our website streams live video using FMS and a very small subset of our customers (approximately 20 users ) have been complaining since April about issues with intermittent sound when they use the client player on the website. I have been able to reproduce this issue on one machine and removed all flash components from the machine, reinstalled and still the issue exists.

To clarify, the video seems to be fine but the audio is extremely choppy. Also using the same machine, I can view bbc live news, youtube videos etc with no issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, yes I did see your message about this " beta 3" thing! I tried downloading it as instructed but it made no difference at all!

Im posting my problems here  like everyone else who is having this problem. ( I have not the slightest idea what a "system report" is!)

The problem is obviously widespread from all the above posts so surely your experts can see they have made some kind of change that has upset a lot of cams? Im still wondering why you did this in the first place when your system worked fine before?????

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 3:22 PM   in reply to nomis1955

to add to the above: when I did try your "beta 3" all I got was "Google chrome has already downloaded the latest flash automatically"!

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 12, 2012 5:22 PM   in reply to nomis1955

Mahesh - Can you please open a bug report on this with all of the reproducible steps required at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please include any hardware specific info if applicable.

Nomis - I didn't realize (or missed) that you were using Chrome.  Can you verify that you are running Flash Player 11,3,300,257?  If you are, please open a new bug report and let us know the URL you are testing against and a copy of your dxdiag system report.  The only open issue that I know of is specific to DV cameras.  If you have a USB camera that isn't functioning like past releases of Flash Player, we definitely want to hear about it.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, as requested, I have raised a bug for the above. The bug number is 3213241. I have Adobe Gold support. How do I raise this issue through that channel?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 13, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to mahesh_bca

Good question, I'm not sure.  I will however raise it with our video engineering team right now.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 13, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I just took a look at the bug, could you post as many dxdiag reports as you can get from the affected machines?  We'll need that information, along with a test URL to continue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 2:14 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, I have followed the instructions in the link for the dxdiag reports and tried the suggestion to switch off hw acceleration. This has worked therefore suggesting driver incompatibility. Is this a definite solution to the problem then or do you still need the dxdiag reports. Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 8:08 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, it didn't work for me.  I'm not sure i have the same problems as everyone else.  My problem is when I go to a live webcam site, I get a message saying internet explore is having a problem.  But if I use my work computer I can log into the same site without any problems.  What is the problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 1:05 AM   in reply to sean2228

OK, now the latest. The machine where I applied the fix (turning hw acc off) and it worked has now started playing up again with the same issue. My colleague reported the issue  on his machine and the fix did not work, so to double check:

1) I went to this machine, applied the hw acc back and tested our website. The sound turned choppy and intermittent as expected.

2) Turned the h/w acc off again and this time the audio continued to remain choppy and intermittent.

3) Have restarted the machine and the issue seems to remain.

4) No changes have been made to Flash (no updates I mean from the website)

This issue seems like it is going to snowball over the next few days with the uptake of 11.3. Adobe really need to provide a solution. Can I get some idea on what you want from the dxdiag as I get the tool reporting everything as normal. Please treat this as urgent.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 12:56 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi

I hope some one can help me.

I have an AS2 flash project that has a stage area of 1920x1080
    on this layout I am presenting dynamic images and text via XML.
    I have also an area to present a live DVD input using the webcam component.
    The application is designed to run locally on a PC using Flash Player 11.

DVD is giving a Pal standard resolution output of 720x586 pixels
    On the stage I have defined an area of 400x300 to present the webcam component via xml.

Problem I have is I was expecting the Video to be scaled to fit the area defined
    but the video is not being scaled instead it is being cropped to 400x300
    We have dynamically set the Mode for the camera via xml and setting the favorArea to true so that resizing the video will have priority over the quality of the processed feed.

e.g. imagine watching the CNN / BBC news these channels have the graphics

and headers scrolling at the bottom of the screen. These bottom graphics are being cropped, and so are the rest of the sides of the video feed.

part of the code:

my_cam = Camera.get();

my_cam.setMode(pSettings.width, pSettings.height, 30, true);

var b:MovieClip = this.attachMovie("IDvideoWebcam", "aa", this.getNextHighestDepth());

my_videoCamera = b.vid;

my_videoCamera.attachVideo(my_cam);

b._width = pSettings.width;

b._height = pSettings.height;

Can you please advise me what it is I am doing wrong and how to solve this scaling issue.
    I would be greatful for a response / sample file would be even better.

If not an AS2 solution/then please explain AS3.

I look forward to you reply.

Kind Regards
    Shiraz - Skype ShirazAAhmed

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 9:41 PM   in reply to omeniv

Once again trouble with Adobe Flash Player and Mac.  I waited forever to have this problem corrected a year ago and now it's back.  I pay for the chat lines that I can't use because the Adobe Flash Player will not allow me to activate my mic, and then the pop up box freezes on the screen and I can't close it.  I have to completely exit the website and log back on.  Why is this such an ongoing problem and why does it take so long to fix?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 1:57 AM   in reply to omeniv

I just tried the 11.3 and still not working. I have even updated to the 11.4 beta and still no luck. Tried with IE, Firefox 14, and Waterfox 14. Tested it using facebook to take a new photo, no option to "allow", tried IE and it doesnt even show as much as firefox.

win 7 64bit

waterfox 14

firefox 14

IE whatever it currently is up to

built in web cam and logitech HD external

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 8:00 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Well Ive fixed the problem. I threw my webcam away & went out & bought a new one! Seems this is the only way to resolve this - everytime adobe update their programs & you find a device no longer works you have to go out & buy a new one!  Not much of a fix admittedly but it seems this is the only way to go.

Perhaps Adobe have some kind of patent on webcams & get commission on new purchases?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to Robertjmnyc

Anybody experiencing audio issues after the Flash update, please check the bug raised below and vote if it is relevant. I have raised this bug and Adobe have stated that they can reproduce the issue.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3213241

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Aug 1, 2012 6:32 PM   in reply to shirazmexico

@Shiraz - Would you mind reposting this question over on the Flash Professional forums?  This forum is primarily for end users, the Pro forums will get you in touch with a wider developer audience.

@robertjmnyc - What version of the player do you have installed?  If this is a recent break, please try going back a version or two to verify it works again.  If it does, please open a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com and include your system details.

@nomis1955 - No, we don't get a percentage on new hardware sold.  Sorry you went though that but glad you got it fixed.

@mahesh_bca - I've escalated your bug internally, but please continue to let others know about it so that we get their votes and comments.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 8:19 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I don't know what you want me to do.  I cannot get audio on chat sites.

The box appears and freezes and I have to exit the chat site to remove the

box.  I have a Mac osx 1-.7.4.  My computer says I have Adobe 11.3.300.268.

This is the second time in a year that I have had trouble with this.

Robert

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Aug 2, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to Robertjmnyc

@robertjmnyc - What I'd suggest is to downgrade to a previous version of Flash Player.  I'd recommend starting with 10.3.183.20.  If this works, then open a bug report over at bugbase.adobe.com and include your system details.  See the FAQ's and link below for instructions:

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

Getting system details for Mac OS X

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 6:58 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Before I update to Mountain Lion on my Mac....am I going to have problems

with Adobe Flash Player?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This