Skip navigation
cookiesui
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to install Photoshop without all the crap?

Jun 1, 2012 9:14 PM

I noticed when installing the Adobe Photoshop CS6 trial, even if you check only the bare minimum number of checkboxes, it will still install tons of...crap.

e.g. Bridge, Camera Raw, Camera Raw Profile, Dynamic Link Media Server (seriously, does this sound like something anyone would want installed on their computer?), Extend Script Toolkit, Switchboard, etc.

Is there anyway to uninstall all that stuff?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2012 10:09 PM   in reply to cookiesui

The only reason I have kept upgrading Photoshop after CS3 is each of the successive versions of Camera Raw.

You won't be getting much sympathy from me, buddy!  The application is called PHOTOshop for a good reason.  Photoshop is my digital darkroom.

Perhaps you use Photoshop for other reasons, such as the ones for which Adobe Illustrator is designed, but that doesn't remotely entitle you to come in here and use that kind of vocabulary to describe some of the best features of Photoshop.  They're an integral pat of the application, not stand-alone additions.

Bridge has evolved from what it started out as, namely Photoshop's Image Browser.

The answer to your question is NO.  There are no uninstallers for integral parts of the application.

You could manually delete the parts you think you dislike, but only if you know what you are doing (which your first post ever on these forums reveals you don't), and you would do it strictly at your own peril.

That was a most unfortunate first post in these user to user forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 10:45 PM   in reply to station_two

Well if you are not taking advantage ofthe Bridge you are missing out on a lot of stuff and if you are not using Camera Raw you are really missing out on a lot of power in editing and processing you files digitsl capture or not. The profiles are important as well if you are shoooting digitally very important. Dynamic link is also very important if you are doing any motion graphics and work with AE, Encore or Premiere Pro and Audition.

All the stuff you are concerned about are very useful tools if you take advantage of them if you don't well then why are you making life so hard on yourself these things can save you a lot of time.

And help you get your work done better.

In case you are not aware of it.

I'm a professional photographer and I am in Photoshop Lightroom almost everyday that I am nit shooting. And sometimes days when I do shoot. Lightroom uses Camera Raw if I did not have LR I would go straight to Camera Raw.

Are you a photographer or some other graphic arts professional?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to cookiesui

Since all this "crap" is part of the program if you remove any of the part you will probably end up with a product that does not work.

Same can be said of most programs.  Have you tried to remove all the "crap" in Win 7?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 2:44 AM   in reply to cookiesui

Talk about all that crap, with all that useless "crap" and not any help files, goodies, samples.

The download is 2gb and adobe can't even include a what's new pdf!

Now that's crap!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points