Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player Installation Bug?

Jun 1, 2012 3:22 PM

Sorry to start this as a new discussion. Didn't know how to join the numerous questions about this subject. Here is my problem:

I am trying to download Flash Player 11.2 for over a week now, without success. The installation hangs at 7% jumps to 47% and times out. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bits, 3.10GHz. My prefereed web browser is Firefox 12. Three days ago I followed the steps as suggested by Pat Willener (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4331677) Was then able to download FP but it did not work properly: I was able to watch You Tube but no videos from the news press, e.g. CTV or CBC or Spiegel.de. I just had a black screen, no audio. So I unistalled the FP as suggested by Pat and as I had done before. But now, I am again not able to install it again. Download hangs as above mentioned. I have de-activated all Firewalls, restartet my PC several times and performed a full scan. I have tried to install it through the suggested Workaround link: 64-bit Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) when I try to install it says: "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running..." Nothing helped so far. I desperately need the FP to do my on-line banking. Have I missed any of the solutions? I have been doing nothing but following this discussion.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2012 6:37 PM   in reply to Prosper87

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2012 7:03 PM   in reply to Prosper87

You get this message for both the 32-bit and 64-bit installers?

Typically you would get this message when trying to run a 64-bit executable on a 32-bit operating system.  I do not understand why you get this message when you run the 64-bit installers on 64-bit Windows.

Can you try to download and run the MSI installers from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 6:56 PM   in reply to Prosper87

Prosper87 wrote:

installation stops the download at 7% jumps to 47% and times out

I do not understand this; I do not see any download percentage when downloading the installer; can you post a screenshot?

Prosper87 wrote:

"Installation package could not be opened...." 

That sounds like a corruped download to me; the size of the MSI installers are

• install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.msi: 9.47 MB (9,932,800 bytes)
    • install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.msi: 9.44 MB (9,907,200 bytes)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 7:23 PM   in reply to Prosper87

Sorry, I have no idea what you are running, or from where you downloaded that file.

The MSI plugin installer I downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html is named install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.msi

When it runs, it doesn't download anything, but goes straight to

fpi1.png

then to

fpi2.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 6:29 PM   in reply to Prosper87

Prosper87 wrote:

screen shot 3.png

What is the exact size (in bytes) of that installer?  This message could indicate that the downloaded file was corrupted.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 7:23 PM   in reply to Prosper87

Prosper87 wrote:

I don't know whether you got my post about my successful installation of Flash Player 11.2 via "Safe Mode".

No, I haven't seen this mentioned in this topic.  This could indicate that some security program may have been interfering with the installation process.

Regarding "black screen", this could mean a display driver issue; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Can you post a link to a site that asks you to upgrade?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 11:17 PM   in reply to Prosper87

Regarding "movie not loaded", the only thing I can suggest is to clear your browser cache and try again.

I will try the two sites you mentioned tomorrow at home, where I have Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 12:06 AM   in reply to Prosper87

If I go to http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2252217015 I get Sorry - we can't find the page you requested.

At Spiegel online I can view all the videos I could find.

I am fresh out of ideas...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 1:01 PM   in reply to Prosper87

all i want to do is watch my videos

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 5:58 PM   in reply to Prosper87

Thank you for the feedback!  This is something I have never thought about, but this is indeed a possibility.  Having had a 1000Mbps connection for the last 5 years simply lets one forget that there are other connection types...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points