Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bought CS5.5 through Adobe Education but still no CS6 upgrade‏‏

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had the following problem:

Bought the student/teacher version of CS5.5 during the complimentary upgrade timeframe (April 13th or 14th) from Adobe.com. I have yet to reveive the CS6 upgrade email (now being June 1st) and there are less then 5 days left on the trial CS6. Numerous support cases and chats have simply responded that I am approved but wait for the email. I have just recently been advised after speaking with someone, that I haven't received the upgrade email because it is being blocked by identit-e despite the fact that the proof of enrolement was provided directly through adobe.com and my profile indicates that the student/teacher eligibility runs until October 2012. I was asked by the live person at Adobe to just email the proof to identit-e and that the upgrade email will then be sent. That was done and I still have not heard anything from identit-e and there is no way to check anything with them without a product code (which I do not have since it was a digital download). This is extremely frustrating and a poor way of doing business. I do not know when or if this will ever be resolved. There was never any intention to buy CS5.5 but for the complimentary offer that was made to get CS6 as well - we really would have just waited and bought CS6 when it was released were it not for the offer. Now nerarly a month after CS6 has shipped our trial version is about to expire and we will no longer be able to use CS6. I don't know what else can be done or whether others have worked through this strange experience?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Thanks, Jeff, for looking into this. On a bright note, the serial number just showed up in my inbox in the early evening of Friday, June 1, from the Adobe Store -  just out of the blue. Not sure what the block was, or why there was a block, but I am happy that it is now resolved. I appreciate Adobe is a very large organization, and I am sure there is a rationale behind what happened, but I do not profess to understand what it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post your case number here, and Jeff, Preran or one of the others may look into the matter.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case #0208477477

Thanks,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received the following from Identit-e, which basically means things are going in circles - Adobe says go to indentit-e and now identit-e says go to Adobe:

Dear George,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, you have been referred to us in error. Since you have been recently accepted in our system for an Adobe Store order, you do not need to register for any new products right now.

Please contact Adobe support at www.adobe.com/support.

Best Regards,

Beth Gerber
Customer Service
Identit-E, LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most bizarre business practice I have ever encountered. So now as of June 1, the free upgrade to CS6 is showing up under "My Orders" in Adobe.com, but there is no serial number and the download link leads to a page that says I have no downloads. I just got off the phone with customer service who said there is a "block" and that he would speak to another department to remove the block. After being on hold for a few minutes, he advised that the other department could not be reached as they were all taking calls so I wiould hear back in 24-48hours (business hours, meaning I will probably not hear back until at least Tuesday) advising me that the block is removed and that it would take a further 7 days before the download link became available. So now there is approximately 4 days left on the trial, I will get an email approx. 5 days from now advising that the block has been removed and then a further 7 days before I can access the serial number. Is this normal for Adobe? I have never encountered anything like this ever, from any organization, large or small. I certainly wish we never ordered CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the block has been removed.  Unfortunately you will need to wait for the process to be completed for you to receive your serial number.  I am sorry for all of the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff, for looking into this. On a bright note, the serial number just showed up in my inbox in the early evening of Friday, June 1, from the Adobe Store -  just out of the blue. Not sure what the block was, or why there was a block, but I am happy that it is now resolved. I appreciate Adobe is a very large organization, and I am sure there is a rationale behind what happened, but I do not profess to understand what it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines