• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Installation Failed?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently been trying to download Photshop CS6 but the Installation Fails and a Window pops up telling me that:

" A Conflicting or Prerelease version of Adobe Photoshop CS6 exists on this computer. The conflicting version before installing the current media.

" If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support for further assistance."

Can someone with experience of this or an employee of Adobe Photshop please help me with this situation, Thank You for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not uninstalled the PS CS6 Public Beta properly. Check the PS forum for instructions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know that I have to uninstall it but the when I click on the uninstall button nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased CS6 Design Standard this evening, and I'm also getting "The Installation Failed" when I try to install using Akamai.  I've re-started my computer several times, uninstalled the CS6 trial version and shut down Safari, and I still can't install.  I even tried downloading the "alternate" methods, but unfortunately they're only for Windows!  HELP - what do I do?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, the error window says:  the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NarutoeagleReal,

Try this solution and check if it resolves th issue.

I you are on Windows Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe   on a  32 bit machine.  C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe on a  64 bit machine. 

Find a folder named caps and rename it to caps.old.

I you are on Windows Navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/

Find a folder named caps and rename it to caps.old.

Once you rename the caps folder try installing the software.

Hope it works.

--SameeR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me, been having the same issue for months, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just dragged the beta CS6 application to the trash on Mac, it didn't uninstall properly.

But there's a free cleaner app from adobe, available here: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

That should uninstall any stray drivers and let you install the release version of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !!! Your tip was so helpfull . I ve beeen next to my comp 2 days . You solved it in a couple of minutes!!

tahnk you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines