Skip navigation
michael2572
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 Export to PDF has missing objects

Jun 2, 2012 10:39 AM

Tags: #problem #pdf #export #pages #cs6

When exporting to PDF, I have a 6-page document that has missing objects from the master.

Here's the document with the content removed:

lab.cyke.net/pdf/MissingObjects.pdf

The first and last pages were constructed correctly. All pages in between are screwed up. Any ideas?

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 3, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to michael2572

Really can't tell much from the PDF...

Are all of those pages supposed to have the header as well as the full footer? I'd start by exporting to .idml. See Remove minor corruption by exporting

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to michael2572

That's not really a good solution. There's no reason that raster images on the master page should do that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to michael2572

Possibly a bug, but I would say unlikely. Something that egregious would have shown up in beta. Try removing the image, then place them again in new frames, maybe even rebuild the master page in a new doc and move the pages into it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 1:35 AM   in reply to michael2572

This problem was solved by removing raster artwork from the master pages.

As Peter said, that removed the symptom.

Do you still have the original file somewhere? I found ID often messes up stuff on master pages that span two pages -- even a mere 0.1mm overlap of an object onto the other page in a spread is known to cause problems, both ways: sometimes objects are not included on the page where they should be, and sometimes objects from "the other page" appear on the one you are seeing.

Most annoying, as it happens on output to PDF only. The previews are usually correct.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2012 11:33 PM   in reply to [Jongware]

@Jongware – I have a case with InDesign CS5.5 7.5.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 where master pages based on each other lead to false representation of page objects.

Not only in pdf export, but also on the actual InDesign pages. Made an IDML from it, opened that in InDesign CS4 and the error was gone.

This problem is documented at the German-Swiss forum "HilfDirSelbst" at:

http://www.hilfdirselbst.ch/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=496285#496285

Some screen grabs together with the IDML are attached there.

After opening the IDML from InDesign CS4 with the error gone, I exported another IDML from CS4, opened that in InDesign CS5.5 7.5.3 and the error was present.
    To detect the error look at pages 1* and 4 of the mentioned screen grabs.

Uwe

//EDIT: *the screen grab of the pages palette of InDesign CS5.5 shows the error on page 4 only. The error is present outside of page 1 as well, but cannot show on the screen grab.

Message was edited by: Laubender

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2012 11:49 PM   in reply to Laubender

To correct that problem one should move the objects that are close to the spine a bit. 0.01 mm would do.

Uwe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points