• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reinstall Acrobat X Pro in Application Manager on Mac

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to installation of Acrobat X Pro in wrong language I tried to uninstall it, and hoped that i could reinstall it from Adobe Application Manager in english edition. However, when i start Application manager now, it still says that Acrobat X Pro is installed, however it is not true. I have Creative Cloud.

How can i install Acrobat X Pro again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you uninstall Adobe Acrobat?  Which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Acrobat Uninstaller. Mac OS X 10.7.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you run the uninstaller in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers?  If so I would recommend the following steps which have allowed others to resolve these difficulties.

1. Remove all Creative Cloud applications using the uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.
  2. Run the CS Clean up tool - CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
  3. Enable your root user account
  4. Reboot in Safe Boot and login under the Root user account
  5. Install one of the Adobe Creative applications from https://creative.adobe.com/
  6. Install Acrobat
  7. Launch the previously installed Creative application.  This allows Acrobat to become serialized.
  8. Launch Adobe Acrobat

Not all of these steps might be necessary, in particular safe boot and the root user account, but by completing all of these steps it gives you the greatest chance of resolving your current difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines