Skip navigation
Peter Madudak
Currently Being Moderated

SpryMenuBar issue in IE9

May 10, 2012 6:34 PM

Dear all,

First of all, I would like to state, that I am a beginner (started building my first website, for my own company, a few weeks ago only), and I tried to avoid asking any questions until I got at least a bit of a hang of it.

The website I am building is located here: http://test.madu-kapu.com

It only consits of the homepage so far, and in the Live View of Dreamweaver it looks perfect. In the simple deisgn view it is also displayed correct. I understand of course, that this is not equal to the browsers though.

I have three main issues now, but I will open separate discussions for them as recommended.

Here I would like to discuss the issue with the SpryMenuBar Horizontal.

I would like it to have no background, and the menu buttons should be a bit away from eachother. (margin-left:5px; )

The font color is white, while hover is grey. In the live preview it works fine, in GoogleChrome also, but in IE9, the whole menu bar becomes a big white stripe.

Is this a known issue, or are my settings wrong? (for example in the CSS for the menu bar)

As this is my first post, I don't know what exactly I should provide, probably the CSS code, though it is quite long.

If it is required, I will of course copy it to here.

I am using Dreamweaver CS5.5 trial version (my pre-order for CS6 is scheduled for today, if there are no delays).

Any ideas, advices or hints are welcome. I tried to find a solution for this online, but couldn't find any hints on what might be the cause of this.

Regards,

Peter Madudak

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 1:12 AM   in reply to Peter Madudak

In SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css remove the background property as in

{ul.MenuBarHorizontal li.MenuBarItemIE{display:inline;f\loat: left;

background: #FFF;

}

}

Gramps

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 1:54 AM   in reply to Peter Madudak

Thank you for your feedback.

I am intrigued what the meaning of the highlighted parts is

<script data-rocketsrc="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/rocketscript"></script>

Gramps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points