• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the method for updating a book?

Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a variation of FrameMaker 10's FM_Outputs_CondText.jsx to automate generation of PDFs.

What do I need to add to force a book update?

It looked to me as if it were doing that, but I just noticed that the build date variable in the front matter is updated only when I manually update the book.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

To be a little more elaborate: I checked the script you mentioned and it only updates cross-references when opening a book and its files. That is not the same as updating the book and all its variables. You do need to use the Book.UpdateBook method for that explicitly, after first opening all files in the book. That amounts to the same as manually updating the book.

Ciao again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FrameMaker 10 Scripting Guide lists all the objects and methods. For the Book object, there is an UpdateBook method. I guess that is the one you are looking for. It is described on pages 435 and following.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be a little more elaborate: I checked the script you mentioned and it only updates cross-references when opening a book and its files. That is not the same as updating the book and all its variables. You do need to use the Book.UpdateBook method for that explicitly, after first opening all files in the book. That amounts to the same as manually updating the book.

Ciao again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It turned out the problem was that somebody used the Modification Date system where they should have used the Current Date variable, after I fixed that the script works fine as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines