Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with an embedded script in panel with Photoshop CS6

Jun 4, 2012 9:14 AM

Hello,

I have rebuild one of my panel for CS6 to publish it in Agora but I have a big problem.

I have "export(ed) my panel as a CS extension"., have installed the ZXP file but i can't find the panel in the subfolder../Plugins/Panels.

The problem is that I have embedded a script in my panel to open files located into the "configuratorpanel.assets". It can't work because the files are not on the same place as a normal export.

Here is sample of my code to understand  :

"

//---------------------------------------------------

//Localized Path to the plug-ins folder

//---------------------------------------------------/

var strPlugInsFolderDirectory = localize( "$$$/LocalizedFilenames.xml/SourceDirectoryName/id/Extras/[LOCALE]/[L OCALE]_Plug-ins/value=Plug-ins" );

//---------------------------------------------------

// Open the Edges Collections directory

var strEdgeFXFolder = Folder(app.path.toString() + "/" + strPlugInsFolderDirectory + "/Panels/edgeFX/Content/edgeFX.assets/Edges%20Collections/");

var edgeFXFile = strEdgeFXFolder .openDlg("Choose the egde you want to apply","JPEG/PNG:*JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.PNG");

open (edgeFXFile)"

Many thanks for your help.

Sebastien

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 5, 2012 12:59 AM   in reply to Sebastien Piconnier

Please find the "assets" folder at below directory when you are using "File->Export as CS Extension"  and install the zxp by Extension Manager:

Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions

Xiaoyan

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 3:31 AM   in reply to Sebastien Piconnier

You can create the Folder object to "Configurator-Panel.assets" in this way:

var assetFolder = new Folder(Folder.commonFiles.fsName + "/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/" + [Your extension ID] + "/content/Configurator-Panel.assets/" );

where [Your extension ID] is the value you set in the attribute labeled with "Extension ID:" in right attribute panel.

In your script, I think it should be:

var strEdgeFXFolder = Folder(Folder.commonFiles.fsName + "/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/" + [Your extension ID] + "/content/Configurator-Panel.assets/Edges%20Collections/");

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 11:50 PM   in reply to Sebastien Piconnier

A easy way to find the path to assets folder is using the global variable "assetsPath". You can get the assets folder by

var assetsFolder = new Folder(assetsPath);

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 3:46 AM   in reply to guoxy

Hi

Folder.commonFiles.fsName point to:Adobe Photoshop CS6 (x86)

How to target for Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit) ?

Regards

giuliana

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 4:01 AM   in reply to cromaline

If you installed the extension with Extension Manager CS6, Folder(Folder.commonFiles.fsName + "/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/" + [Your extension ID] + "/content/Configurator-Panel.assets/Edges%20Collections/") is the only place for your extention. It's same for both Photoshop CS6 (x86) and Photoshop CS6 (x64). I suggest you to use var assetsFolder = new Folder(assetsPath); to access your assets folder. If you want to find a way to access the common files foder for X64, I don't have a solution now. I'm afraid you need to find other resources for help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to Yanwen Ju

Thank you for the quick reply.

Indeed so, I know the place is the same but unfortunately when I run PS(64 Bit) it give me  an invalid image data error.

I did some tests:

If I target r(Folder.commonFiles.fsName + "/Adobe/" ) all is ok,

if I target (Folder.commonFiles.fsName + "/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager" ) it fails

The only folder that is not recognize is "CS6ServiceManager" all others are ok

what can be the problem? Is it just my problem as I m trying on a win system that run under a virtual machine( WMware Fusion)?

I could of course write the entire path that works well:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions

but it would be better to have just one path for both Win and Mac

regards

giuliana

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 6:30 PM   in reply to cromaline

I think Folder.commonFiles.fsName points to the common files folder for X64 (such as C:\Program Files\Common Files), but your assets folder is only under common files folder for x86(such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files).

I strongly suggest you to use the global varailbe assetsPath. In any situation, running PS or PS (64bit), installing exported zxp package with Extension Manager CS6 or just placing exported folder under Plug-ins\Panels, new Folder(assetsPath) will point to the assets folder of your extension.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 10:20 PM   in reply to Yanwen Ju

Yes, it points only for X64, I had the opportunity to verify that was not just an error on my system

I will use new Folder(assetsPath) of course.

Thank you very much.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points