• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it legal to sell on CS3 (design premium) software?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been properly deactivated from my Mac. I bought it in 2009 and have just upgraded to CS6.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>upgraded to CS6

You may NOT sell a product that was used as the serial number basis for a reduced price upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

To elaborate a little on what John said:

It is illegal if it has ever been used as a basis for any upgrade at a reduced price, legal if it has never been used in that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advice

regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richardnwhite wrote:

It has been properly deactivated from my Mac. I bought it in 2009 and have just upgraded to CS6.

All depends on how you upgraded.

1) if you had a full version of CS3 then bought a perpetual license upgrade (box shipped to you or downloaded) to CS6 then you're still using the same CS3 license (CS3 full version serial number with a CS6 upgrade serial number) so you cannot sell CS3.

2) if you had a full version of CS3 then bought a full version of CS6 then you're free to sell your CS3 license.

Follow these steps to transfer the license http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

3) if you had a full version of CS3 then joined the Cloud to get CS6 then you're free to sell your CS3 license.

Follow these steps to transfer the license http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all the information

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking the law!

Kind regards

Richard

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your advice. I was option 3.

regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines