• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Help Viewer not installed?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from InDesign CS5 to InDesign CS6 on a desktop PC running Windows 7. I purchased it via a download from Adobe.

When I try to use InDesign Help under the Help menu, nothing happens for about 10 seconds, and finally I get this error message:

Adobe Help Viewer is not installed and you are not connected to the internet. Please check your internet connection, or reinstall InDesign

Actually, I am indeed connected to the internet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign several times, to no avail. Why would Adobe Help Viewer not have installed? What can I do to correct this? Thank you.

-Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Hi Jeff, I actually found the solution just after posting my message: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/help-manager-troubleshoot-error-codes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you connected to the internet through a proxy server? Do you have a firewall set not to let somethings through?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Yes, I connect through a proxy. Adobe.com is whitelisted on the firewall on the usual proxy. Just to be sure, I have tried a alternative proxy that is open, but that didn't seem to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this issue. Am not behind a firewall, am connected to the net, have installed and reinstalled several times, still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manamedia what type of software firewall are you utilizing?  I would recommend adjusting the settings to allow the Adobe Help Viewer to connect to the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I actually found the solution just after posting my message: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/help-manager-troubleshoot-error-codes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update Manamedia.  I pointed another user to this document so I am happy to hear that it is helpful for resolving these type of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines