Skip navigation
Jim_W
Currently Being Moderated

Kona3 Feature Request

Jun 5, 2012 7:48 AM

I've asked AJA, and they've asked me to ask Adobe ( great line of communication )...

Can there please be compaitibility between SpeedGrade and AJA Kona cards?

I had hopes and waited patiently for the Kona3 plugins for CS6 to come out only to be disappointed that I can't accurately monitor color from Adobe's flagship grading tool.

It seems ridiculous to launch a highly-featured ( and marketed ) application that ignores a large number of users out there using AJA cards. I just want to see a color accurate image from this software without shelling out another $4k just to do it – that won't happen.

I am seriously thinking about a switch BACK to FCP.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2012 1:06 AM   in reply to Jim_W

+1 for the AJA support. Quadro SDI doesn't exists for Mac, so the DVI option is the only one solution for Mac,

what is not quite professional solution.

And for PC/Windows the Quadro SDI costs huge money, so AJA would be great too.

Esspecially, when I can't get the realtime with DVI output !!!!!!! Even with cached frames, the computer icon turns red with 8core Mac with Quadro 4000.

I can't believe it doesn't play HD1080 25fps in realtime with 1:1 resolution. With 1:2 resolution it plays better, but it drops eighter.

On the same Mac the older IRIDAS version just worked o.k., funny ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to Jim_W

... about that line of communication:

While the laws about revenue recognition don't allow for discussing future versions of the software in public  (therefore everyone being rather careful about not making any implications), let me assure you that all the right people at AJA are talking to all the right people at ADOBE. This was true prior to CS6 (and you now have the Mercuy Transmit engine for driving various SDI cards from within Premiere Pro CS6), and this still is true as we're looking into further development for SDI output in general.

While I can't tell you whether SpeedGrade will see AJA or BMD or any other kind of SDI output support at all, I can certainly tell you that this has been on the laundry list of many other people who submitted a feature request.

Keep demanding, we're listening.

Thanks

Pat

Jim_W wrote:

I've asked AJA, and they've asked me to ask Adobe ( great line of communication )...

Can there please be compaitibility between SpeedGrade and AJA Kona cards?

I had hopes and waited patiently for the Kona3 plugins for CS6 to come out only to be disappointed that I can't accurately monitor color from Adobe's flagship grading tool.

It seems ridiculous to launch a highly-featured ( and marketed ) application that ignores a large number of users out there using AJA cards. I just want to see a color accurate image from this software without shelling out another $4k just to do it – that won't happen.

I am seriously thinking about a switch BACK to FCP.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to Milan Michalik

Hi Milan,

would love to know which format is presenting you with this problem. Or is this a general performance issue you're facing?

Your machine is certainly well equipped, so you should be able to get real time grading performance on most formats.

Best

Pat

Milan Michalik wrote:

Esspecially, when I can't get the realtime with DVI output !!!!!!! Even with cached frames, the computer icon turns red with 8core Mac with Quadro 4000.

I can't believe it doesn't play HD1080 25fps in realtime with 1:1 resolution. With 1:2 resolution it plays better, but it drops eighter.

On the same Mac the older IRIDAS version just worked o.k., funny ...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)