Skip navigation
Pierre Courtejoie 7,060 posts
Jan 11, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

"could not find any capable video play modules" error with HP Pavillon DV7

Jun 7, 2012 1:51 AM

There is at least a user reporting issues with I guess the videocard driver, but there is none newer than 2011 available from HP.

The machine has an integrated videocard, and switches when needed on either an nVidia or ATI card, according to the models.

Is there a workaround, should the GPU sniffer be aware, or should HP be notified.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2012 4:57 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

You should disable the on-board graphics adapter via the BIOS so that the machine is forced to use the nVidia or ATI card.  nVidia has drivers for almost all of their mobile graphic adapters, regardless of the notebook computer's manufacturer.  Always get the latest driver directly from the nVidia site.  I don't know if AMD/ATI has similar drivers available for their mobile chipsets.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 12:02 PM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

See this document and the solutions that it proposes:

http://bit.ly/Mur4jo

Error: "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules"

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Jeff: Can you explain how to do this to someone who is not computer-savvy enough to know how to do this on their own? I have the same computer, an HP Pavilion dv7.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to Matriculation

I wouldn't feel comfortable telling you how to access your computer's BIOS if you don't already know what you're doing.  Here's why, as quoted from the linked page that Todd provided:

Important: Changing settings in the BIOS can cause your computer to have other issues, or prevent it from starting up properly. Only perform this solution if you are confident in changing BIOS settings. If you need further assistance changing this setting, contact your computer manufacturer.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Thank you anyway.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status