• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stage Video on 3.0 rc / android

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone gotten stagevideo to work on air 3 rc on an android device?

It works like a charm on ipad / ios, but whatever I do it keeps showing up as "unavailble" on a samsung galaxy tab. Adobe is awfully quiet about this, which

is weird considering the release documents claims it supposed to work.

I have 24 hours to solve this or otherwise I'm gonna be forced to recommend our client to develop 2 separate versions for ios and android instead. And probably

not have the patience to bother about air again.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StageVideo in AIR 3.0 on Android is only available on Honeycomb tablets.  We weren't getting performance improvements on pre-HC devices using the SV path, and in some cases it was even worse than classic video, so we disabled it.  So, on devices < HC, you'll get the unavailable event - this is correct and expected.

I'll make sure the release documents are clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on this a bit further, another part of the rationale for this decision was to make lives easier for developers: if StageVideo is available, you know you can display a high-quality video (up to 720p usually, but could vary with video) on the device with a good frame rate.  If StageVideo isn't available, the device won't support that video, so you should fall-back on a lower-quality video in a classic Video object.  Doing this allows us to add support to certain pre-HC devices in the future without forcing content to change as well, and since the Video and StageVideo api's are so similar, it should be relatively easy for developers to dynamically switch-out which object is attached to a NetStream.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a motorola Xoom. Adobe air 2.7.1, upgraded to android 3.1 and StageVideo gives no signs of life.

Even worst, the StageVideoAvailabilityEvent.STAGE_VIDEO_AVAILABILITY never fires.

StageVideo doesn't work both into a complied app or within the browser, with flash player 10.3

Let's be honest: this adobe air isn't ready for commercial apps yet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that rendermode needs to be 'direct' for stagevideo to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ottocid: put the rendermode in gpu in the xml cnfig of your app, not auto or cpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also note that the StageVideo API is available beginning with AIR 3.0 for Android, not 2.7.1, and it is not available in FlashPlayer for Android (there is an automatic SV we do under the hood on FP).  And, as the others have indicated, you need renderMode direct for StageVideo to work on AIR for Android.

Thanks for your feedback.  Please keep posting any other problems you're having, and we'll help clarify and point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vincent35 I have tried adding the tag "rendermode" into the -app.xml and again the STAGE_VIDEO_AVAILABILITY event never fires.

I am compiling with flash 5.5, and giving "GPU" for rendering into the compiler options.

Probably I will have to wait for AIR 3.

And still hoping that AIR will become reliable 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe Air 3.0 RC

I have tested that on an iPad, i have availability of stagevideo in gpu mode but it is buggy, and seems fixed in the last version of Air 3.0

Air 3.0final version seems to be available next week. Wait a little and you will see the magic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had a definite results yet? I am trying under AIR3.0.0.408 (Capabilities.version = AND 11,0,1,152) with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Honeycomb 3.1 with AIR running under GPU mode and still had no luck.

BTW, I am currently using Flex SDK 4.5.1.21328 + AIRSDK 3.0.0.4080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hoono - GPU Mode isn't supported with StageVideo on AIR Android.  Please try Direct Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, thanks for your answer, I haven't tried the direct mode yet because I didn't know that direct mode was added as a valid value to the descriptor xml.

Nevertheless, I am still not getting any stage video availability with the rendermode set to direct with Galaxy Tab 10.1 =|

Maybe this device has never been tested by adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with transformer, I've tried with beta last weeks, I think it worked. Now with release I'm always in software rendering mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hoono - 10.1 is definitely on our test grid, and I just validated that StageVideo works on that device with the AIR runtime downloaded from the Android Market (3.0.0.408).  Can you confirm you also have the App Namespace set to 3.0?  You need namespace 3.0 and direct render mode.

@devomatic - When you say rendering mode, I think you mean decoding mode, and that is different than StageVideo Availability.  And you can have SV with HW or SW decoding.  Decoding mode (accelerated or sw) depends on the device and the video, and we made some late changes to remove HW decoding for certain video types on that device for stability reasons.  Can you 1) confirm you're getting an Available event, and 2) tell me about the video you're trying to play?  (If you're not getting the event please verify your render mode and namespace settings.)

I hope this helps, and I hope we can get you guys unstuck soon!  I want to see your awesome apps in the market - please post up here whenever they are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, thanks for your help 😃

I must admit that I didn't update the namespace to 3.0 before, and I tried again after updating the namespace but I am still unable to get stage video availability.

Here is the xml I have used:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.0">

<id>test.stagevideo</id>

<filename>teststagevideo</filename>

<name>teststagevideo</name>

<versionNumber>1.0.0</versionNumber>

<initialWindow>

<content>teststagevideo.swf</content>

<autoOrients>true</autoOrients>

<fullScreen>false</fullScreen>

<renderMode>direct</renderMode>

<visible>true</visible>

</initialWindow>

<android>

<manifestAdditions><![CDATA[

<manifest android:installLocation="auto">

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

</manifest>  

]]></manifestAdditions>

</android>

</application>

thanks again 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another requirement to use StageVideo (and any other AIR 3/Flash 11 feature) is to set the SWF version to 13. You can set this in the Flash Builder properties for the project by adding, "-swf-version=13" to the additional compiler options text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"-swf-version=13"
That's the solution for me, StageVideo is now available. Vieo doesn't work but I think that's a codec problem.

Why using Air 3.0 doesn't set this parameter automatically ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-swv-version=13 made things work like charm

Thanks everyone for the help! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also have an issue using StageVideo on Galaxy Tab 10.1 Honeycomb.

I compile my app using Flash CS5.5 as an Air 3.1 app. But when trying to use StageVideo I receive the StageVideoAvailabilityEvent with event.availability == StageVideoAvailability.UNAVAILABLE.

Although I compile my app with direct render mod and my app namespace is set to Air 3.1.

On the tab, I've the latest version of Air installed.

Any idea what I did wrong ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<colorDepth>32bit</colorDepth>

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately not ! I tried but always stageVideo unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try gpu rendermode instead of direct. That's my last idea (gpu is only for android I think)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already tested, and that doesn't solve my issue.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Honeycomb are you on? Notes online suggest that 3.1 is require for Stage Video. I guess that should still work in 3.2, but may not work in 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Honeycomb 3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines