I'm in the same boat as others here--back and forth, jumping through hoops to get to the point where I could be ignored. It's been two weeks since I was informed by email that my paperwork was accepted and that I would get my serial number in 5-7 days (or a reason why I was being denied). It's been two weeks, my trial CS6 has VERY inconveniently expired as of yesterday, and still nothing.
I'd like to note that, like thousands of others I'm sure, we only bought CS5.5 a few weeks before the release of CS6 because Adobe made the generous offer of the free upgrade. We could have waited for the release and bought that, but we trusted that Adobe was making a fair bargain. We still expect the company to come through, but it has been a very frustrating experience.
Can anyone give me advice on the next step?
If there is an Adobe employee lurking about, my case number is #0208405682.
I'd appreciate any help to move this along--my daughter is in the middle of a school project using this software, and we'd really like to see Adobe uphold their end of this bargain.
I am in the same boat. I was told that I was approved and would be able to download CS6 within 48 hours, but 11 days have passed and nothing has happened. My case number is #0208372606 if any Adobe employee is willing to help me. I have a business to run, a revamped website to build, and would like to do it on CS6, if possible as it has the features I need.
I am also in this very same situation.
I am trying very hard not to lose my cool over this whole issue, but I think I am now at my breaking point.
I, like every other "smart" cs5 owner saw an opportunity and jumped on it thinking and hoping the same things that Cole1881 was thinking.
Unfortunately as of today, almost 3 1/2 weeks later I am still without my upgrade.
In end July I had not heard anything from adobe concerning my upgrade (checking my email everyday twice a day at this point fully knowing the upgrade came out in May). I went to the FORUMS as the support had directed me to and read a post (man I wish I could find it) explaining that Adobe was being overloaded with serial requests and that everyone would have there’s shortly. So I took that as a "be quiet we'll get to you don't worry!” I waited a month. Trying to be patient... still no email.
Then, beginning of Sept, I decided enough is enough, I’ll go through the annoying task of sitting on the phone waiting to explain my missing code story to some overseas agent who won't be able to understand me fully anyway and we'll inevitably send me in the direction of "upper management" so they can handle the request and get me my missing email with the serial code.
I did this and not only was I in compete shock when they told me "you can't get your copy now you are past the redemption time" but I was dumbfounded when they didn’t get that I NEVER RECIEVED AN EMAIL TO TELL ME WHEN I COULD NO LONGER GET MY COPY! Then they proceeded to tell me that this issue was being forwarded to basically someone who could resolve the problem and that I would receive an email AND a phone call in 24-48hrs. I received nothing for 72hrs.
On the fourth day I decided to call again, it is now middle of Sept. and still no resolution or any respectful apology for them not sending me an email of my upgrade. I go through the motions again, this time explaining that I now never got an email or phone call. I am hoping this time the light bulb will click and someone will say, "oops our bad!" and finally send me my serial code. Nope. Just the same BS over and over. The best part, Prince, the customer service rep I was working with the second time around, said that he would "personally" make sure that someone emailed and called me back within 24-48hrs with a resolution to my issue. He even told me that if they don't call I could ask for him personally and speak with him again.
You can guess they never called or emailed. I called again TODAY, this time, was given a 1hr 30min run around (oh and I did ask for Price and the lady said, "we cannot do dat here, dunno who tod you dat but there is no way to do dat". Unbelievable). Also, during this time, while I was on the phone waiting to get connected to the upper management AGAIN I get my very first email from adobe. In broken English. ...saying "we cannot give you your code. We can only give you 25% off for a new cs6". You can imagine my face at that point. When they finally pick up, I tell my whole horrify story again, and he tells me all he can do it offer me 25% off. That is all. I cannot get my code. I have to buy a new cs6.
Way to go Adobe. You really know how to screw over valued customers. You are so luck you have a monopoly in this department because you must know your customer service SUCKS and people would ditch you asap.
Can someone, anyone, point me in a direction where I can get some actual help? I feel that I did absolutely nothing wrong and I’m being penalized for being an adobe user. My ticket number is #209129334.
Thank you in advance.
Europe, Middle East and Africa