Skip navigation
A.S.E.
Currently Being Moderated

Starnge critical bugs in IE and Chrome, but not in Firefox and Opera...

Jun 8, 2012 5:44 AM

Tags: #error #bug #firefox #chrome #opera #flash-player #internet-explorer

Hi,

I have very strange critical bugs in Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers. Here is the page where you can see it: www.franmerpools.ru/neue/border — this terrible bug is in scrolling, as you can see. The same bug takes place at some other pages, but I cannot define why.

But in Firefox and Opera everything works fine.

Do you know what could be the reason of this problem and the possible way to solve it?

I've already tried:

– publish SWF from both Flash CS5.5 and CS6 (trial);

– publish to all versions of Flash Player starting from 8;

Nothing helped.

Thanks in advance!

Here is my Publish Settings window:

3b56be7866bc4cf6bb1285a.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2012 3:28 PM   in reply to A.S.E.

Chrome and IE use unique versions of the Flash plugin. For IE its an activeX control. Try updating the players for those browsers and see if it makes a difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 4:21 PM   in reply to A.S.E.

You can set your movie to work with a specific Flash player version. Then you can test for that version on your website as the minimum version that will allow your Flash movie to be shown. Otherwise you can show the site visitor a message that they will need to update their Flash player.

This is a very ordinary process.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to A.S.E.

very strange critical bugs in Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers

Very unlikely that that is the case. Much more likely that it's something else.

as you can see

No I can't see. On my main computer (I don't update to latest version of anything) nothing displays in either FF or IE. As Rob mentioned, you can target versions of the Flash player, but I would NOT advise always choosing the latest version (you have targeted 11.2), instead, for greater viewer access, choose the oldest version that will still work with your .swf... go back to version 10, or less and see what happens.

However, testing on my laptop (with updated Flash version) and IE9, I see no problems, scrolling or otherwise.

Please clarify exactly what the scrolling problem is.... it may be as simple as changing from overflow:hidden to overflow:auto.

These are settings on the HTML settings, not .swf settings.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points