Skip navigation
lucijakordic2.0
Currently Being Moderated

Fireworks CS6 gradient not working as it did in earlier versions

Jun 8, 2012 11:29 AM

Tags: #gradients #fireworks_cs6

I used to be able to let the dropper select colors already used within a gradient and modify those points. Now my only choice is to the select from swatches or settle for #000000 regardless of the color I'm trying to duplicate. Am I missing something here? The functionality is much less efficient now.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to lucijakordic2.0

I can select colors from anywhere on the desktop using the eyedropper. to change a specifc color in the color ramp, I just select the color box in the gradient editor and then move my eyedropper anywhere on the desktop. I don't beleive that's any different than before.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to lucijakordic2.0

The following actions all seem to work the same as in previous versions on my setup (CS6 on Mac OS 10.6.8):

• Clicking just below the gradient color ramp to add a new color stop.
    • Clicking on a gradient color stop to sample a color from the Swatches picker, canvas, interface, desktop, or the gradient color ramp itself.

What I'm realizing is that gradient color presets menu is now gone. Is there a way to access those anymore?

@lucijakordic: What's your operating system?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 2:06 PM   in reply to lucijakordic2.0

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something.

Here's a quick video I created showing how I select colors using the gradient editor. One thing that doesn't show in the video is that as I move the eye dropper over the color ramp, the color selection in the color picker changes. It's very responsive. Now, I am also running Snow Leopard, not Lion, so if you're running Lion, that would be good to know.

http://jimbabbage.ca/gradient/gradient_editor.htm

Do you have any other apps running in the background? Wondering if there's a conflict.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 4:55 PM   in reply to lucijakordic2.0

Yes, after clicking on a gradient color stop, I'm able to sample color from anywhere on the screen, including the gradient color ramp or another color stop. (And again, I'm using Snow Leopard, like Jim, whereas it sounds like you're experiencing this trouble on a computer with the Lion OS installed.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points