• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not working in FF 13.0

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have Windows 7 (64 bit). A couple of days ago I updraged to Firefox 13.0. Now, suddenly my flash is being very temperamental. I can see the flashes on this page: http://www.rtideas.com/flash/
But I cannot watch any of the videos on blip.tv, I only get sound and a blank screen (I can't even left click to see the settings). I can see videos on youtube. I have Shockwave flash 11.3.300.257 installed.

I just want to make clear that I've only made this post after scouring the web for people with similar problems and trying their solutions first. I've uninstalled and reinstalled flash numerous times, I do not have ActiveX installed, I've reinstalled firefox, I've enabled and disabled hardware acceleration...nothing works.

Please advise...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Just to be sure I reinstalled Firefox 12.0 (and made sure to have all the same addons as before etc) and it works fine again...So I realize this is probably not technically a flash issue but a firefox compatibility issue. Nevertheless, I'm sure there are users like me who would like to be able to use flash properly in the new FF so if there are any solutions to this problem I would still like to know...Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to reproduce this on my Win 7x64 system with FF 13.  Could you try temporarily disabling protected mode to see if that makes a difference?

If it doesn't please revert back to your normal mms.cfg.

How do I disable Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris:

Yes, turning off Protected Mode indeed solves the problem!

Specifically, we today (June 9, 2012) installed the new Adobe Flash v. 11.3.300.257 on several Windows 7 PC's, all running Firefox v. 14 (Beta), and none of the Firefox installations would confirm that the installation was performed successfully.  For example, the Adobe Flast test/about site, https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about, would not work.  And, likewise, YouTube videos and other Flash-encoded videos did not work either.

So, we tried your suggestion to disable the new Protected Mode, and it worked.  That is, every single machine on which Flash did not work in Firefox now functions perfectly.  So this conclusively demonstrates that there indeed is some kind of bug in the implementation of Protected Mode.

Can you please let me and the other Adobe users know when this is fixed.  Thanks.

Also, could you likewise let us know the risks of turning of Protected Mode (although we really don't have any choice, as Flash will not work on Firefox with PM turned on).

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Evan Katz

(formerly Contributing

Editor of  Personal

Computing Magazine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me...Just the same problem. Certain flash won't show while other will. I get sound but just a blank screen.

Any other ideas? I can't keep using an outdated version of Firefox...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are on a 64-bit system, can you try if the same thing happens with Waterfox 13.0?  (Waterfox is the highly optimized 64-bit version of Firefox.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed it, with the newest flash plugin (11.3.300.257). Tried to watch a blip.tv video and it didn't work. Then I was prompted to install Java and did so (Development toolkit and platform SE7 U4 10.4.0.22). Restarted and the plugins all seems to be properly installed AND up to date. Yet it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what did you install the Java SDK?  I think you need to install the Java RTE (or JRE), both 32-bit and 64-bit.

You mention "blank screen" in your original post; can you tell us your display adapter, driver version & date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to with Java but when I go here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp
it says it's working properly and when I try to download RTE here:
http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
it says I already have the latest version so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 310M. So far I have had no problems with it. The driver version is 8.17.12.5964 and the date is 05/09/2010. When I try to update it it says it's up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/44971 the latest driver for your display adapter is v301.42 dated May 2012.

Can you try that and see if it makes any difference?  I suggest to make a system restore point before the driver update, just in case something goes wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG it works!! After the driver update NVIDIA installed 2 plugins on firefox (3D vision streaming plugin) and that did the trick!!!

Thank you so much, I can't believe it was a simple driver problem >.> I'm so sorry for all this!

Thank you again for you time and help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked!  (No need to be sorry.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, same problem here, on Windows 7-64 bit, using an ATI HD 6670.  Updaed my video drivers, made sure FF wasn't running in safe mode, the little test flash at the top of this discussion work fine, but youtube just tosses errors, myspace music player claims flash is not installed, and pretty much any other flash site I've hit fails.  What other steps should I try?  And I hope you guys have someone over at Mozilla who will look through all this because it very much is an FF issue - Chrome and Safari both took the update w/o issue, and this isn't the first time flash has broken under FF for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines