Skip navigation
nbee101
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom - Can I import RAW files, re-order them, then change the original RAW file numbering?

Jun 8, 2012 7:14 AM

Tags: #lightroom #renumbering

Lightroom - Can I import RAW files, re-order them, then change the original RAW file numbering?

I used two different cameras and several memory cards to shoot a recent wedding. Unfortunately, the camera's times were one hour different, so the capture time does not order them correctly. Obviously neither does the file name...

Thanks

natalie

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to nbee101

So why not simply change the capture time of the images from the camera with the wrong time?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to nbee101

Yes, after you use Lightroom to correct the capture time in the files themselves, in the Library module the Library > Rename Photo command lets you rebuild all selected file names from scratch. Just customize the filename preset. Using the tokens there, you could set up a rename that starts with a Sequence numbering (so that they appear in the order you want) and including Date, Hour, Minute, Second in addition to any other tokens or custom text you want to add to every filename.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to Conrad Chavez

My point was that simply correcting the capture time on the images from the camera with the wrong time would mean no requirement whatsoever to start messing about trying to rename them so that the fall into the 'as shot' order. The "capture time" sort order will do that automatically.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points