Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR4 Book Module--are there zoom levels between full page and 1:1?

Jun 8, 2012 5:51 PM

Tags: #text_edit #book_module_zoom_levels #zoom_levels #book_module_text_edit

I haven't been able to find any zoom levels between full-page view and the Ctrl-U zoom that seems to be 1:1.  At full page, 12 point text is very difficult to read and edit and anything smaller is impossible.  At the Ctrl-U zoom level, I get about 40 characters of 12 point text across the screen & proofreading & editing a text box is very time consuming.  There must be something in between that I'm missing--please help!

Replies
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jun 9, 2012 12:33 AM   in reply to Bob Metzler

You'll find the zoom options across the top of the Preview panel, top left.  Yes, there is quite a jump between 1:1 and 4:1 view, although I'm finding 12pt in 1:1 view very readable.

There are a couple of things that may help you.  Shift tab (with no text field selected) will hide the panels, making the viewing area larger, allowing you to see more in one go.  Alternatively, you could copy/paste the text into a text editor which would allow you to set the zoom level with much greater accuracy, particularly for longer stretches of text.

I am interested to replace the issue though - what screen resolution are you using?  And what size book?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 9, 2012 12:37 AM   in reply to Bob Metzler

Hi Bob,

In single page view you should have the same navigator panel as e.g. in Develop module. So you can define your own zoom ratios (same restrictions apply) and select them. Perhaps 2:1 could give you what is useful for text proofreading?

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to Cornelia-I

Cornelia-I wrote:

In single page view you should have the same navigator panel as e.g. in Develop module. So you can define your own zoom ratios (same restrictions apply) and select them. Perhaps 2:1 could give you what is useful for text proofreading?

Could you clarify, please? On my Mac version of LR, I don't see a Navigator panel in the Book module, only a Preview panel. So the only zoom options appear to be as explained above. Also, the "previous/next-zoom mode" keys only cycle through the fixed views described above.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to Bob Metzler

Bob Metzler wrote:

I could wish that Adobe provided a few more ways to find this 1:1 view in Book.  Adding fourth and fifth buttons for the 1:1 and 4:1 views at the lower left, following the Multi-page, 2-page-spread, single page Fit, would be nice.  Also, the View menu could have a choice (and Ctrl-code) for the 4:1 view.  I note that if I open the left panel, select 1:1, and then hide the panel, the view stays at 1:1 (full page width) until I go to 2-page spread of multi-page views.

On the Mac version of LR4, in book mode there are shortcuts on the view menu for all of the page display options: cmd-E, cmd-R, cmd-T, cmd-U to select each one, along with cmd-minus and cmd-plus to cycle thru them. And everything works with the left panel collapsed. Sounds like you might be on Windows, so that might be a difference. Let us know. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jun 9, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to Bob Metzler

I'm pleased to hear it Bob!  Honestly, I doubt the zoom ranges will be added to the toolbar, as they try to keep the UI consistent, but you might find the Ctrl = and Ctrl - shortcuts useful, as they step through the zoom ratios.  The 4:1 view is called Zoomed Page View under the View menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to Bob Metzler

Hi Bob, sorry, you are right - there is no way to specify your own ratios... just the predefined Fit | 1:1 | 4:1

...I should answer less from memory, but after true own hands-on .

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jun 10, 2012 12:03 AM   in reply to Bob Metzler

So it does Bob!  That feels buggy to me... let me see what I can find out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points