Skip navigation
Yowanvista
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player no longer using the 'speaker fill' option in Windows.

Jun 10, 2012 5:03 AM

The latest update of Flash Player breaks the 'speaker fill/sound enchancement' feature of Windows. i.e whenever I play some online videos only 2 of 6 speakers will output sound. Previously all 6 (1 Subwoofer + 5 speakers) used to play audio. I can confirm the issue with both Chrome & Firefox (I was using an older build of Flash Player 11.x in Firefox so the Audio was fine but when I upgraded to 11.3.x the compatibility was broken). So how am I supposed to fix this issue?

It's not a software/driver error btw as everything else works fine, audio from Media Player or any other sound application will play on all speakers.

In short worlds: This newer version of Flash player just 'bypasses' the 'System Effects/Speaker Fill/Sound Enchancements' of Windows. It just plays the audio directly but on only 2 Speakers since my System requires these 'System Effects/Speaker Fill/Sound Enchancements' to ouput sound on all speakers. So why did adobe change this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 10, 2012 10:52 AM   in reply to Yowanvista

I am also having this exact same problem and it is infuriating. And I am not seeing a quick download links to the previous version unless it was the last major version change and I don't want to go back that far. I am using a Creative Titanium X-fi PCI-e sound card with a Sandybridge chipset (2700k). My sound works fine in anything that isn't flash and I have also tested in multiple browsers.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 10, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to Reivec

I did just find a version of 11.2 on another website and installed it and fixed the issue. The sound quality is also much better. With the new version I can have my speakers manually mirror the stereo sound (which is a pain) but the bass and trebble sounded way off when it was going through flash directly. Definitely avoiding any flash updates for a long while now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points