Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a dynamic menu in a Bootstrap site eastwindinsurance.com

I'm dropping the module into the Bootstrap Menu structure that looks like this:

<nav class="navbar navbar-fixed-top">

<div class="navbar-inner">

<div class="container"> <a class="btn btn-navbar" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".nav-collapse"> <span class="icon-bar"></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> </a> <a class="brand" href="../index.htm">FIexAssist</a>

<div class="nav-collapse">

<ul class="nav">

<li class="active"><a href="/flexassist.htm">Home</a></li>

<li><a href="/benefits.htm">Insurance Benefits</a></li>

<li><a href="/assistance.htm">Life Assistance</a></li>

<li><a href="/claims.htm">Claims</a></li>

<li><a href="../premiums.htm">Premiums</a></li>

<li><a href="../faq.htm">FAQ</a></li>

</ul>

</div>

<!--/.nav-collapse -->

</div>

</div>

</nav>

And I drop it in like this:

<nav class="navbar navbar-fixed-top">

<div class="navbar-inner">

<div class="container"> <a class="btn btn-navbar" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".nav-collapse"> <span class="icon-bar"></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> </a> <a class="brand" href="../index.htm">FIexAssist</a>

{module_menu,564015}

<!--/.nav-collapse -->

</div>

</div>

</nav>

Because the generated Module Code looks like this:

<div id="cat_1118133_divs">

<ul id="nav_1118133">

<li><a href="/one.html">item one</a></li>

<li><a href="/two.html">item two</a></li>

<li><a href="/three.html">item three</a></li>

</ul>

</div>

I've given the div a class of "nav-collapse" and the ul a class of "nav" in the container and group Menu templates respectively.

The problem is that for whatever reason the changes to the template code are not passed. i just get the default template passing.

What's up?

Thanks,

Cam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Hey Cam, do you mean you are using the menu module layouts? If so you need to use the v2 module tag code, that's just the default module tag you have there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Cam, do you mean you are using the menu module layouts? If so you need to use the v2 module tag code, that's just the default module tag you have there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful Liam! It was fixed insantly.

I'm a bit confused about how to apply other tag names.

For example, by default the CSS class name for selected state is "selected".

In the Admin Console I set the selected state class name to be "active"

How and where do I change this to "active" using the {tag_menuitemcssselectedclass_withclass} ?

Thanks,

Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your article "Using the Menu Module Version 2"

Unless there's another way, since  Java_DynMenusSelectedCSS.js specifies the selected state class name to be "selected" by default, I just revise it to be "active"

Thanks,
Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. No reason to change that though.

Takes 30 seconds to find and replace in your css to use .selected instead of .active

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines