I just purchased and installed Dreamweaver cs5.5 student and teacher edition for a PC. When I open the program, I receive an error message:
"No document types have been found in the Configuartion/DocumentTypes/ folder. The MMdocumenttypes.xml file may be missing or corrupt."
I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program, which did not change the problem. How can I get Dreamweaver running properly? The MMdocumenttypes.xml is located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\configuration\DocumentTypes Folder, it is not missing, and shouldn't be corrupt as I just installed the program.
even if these informations are not the latest/newest, they may be still usable:
and Manually editing Dreamweaver's configuration: http://drupal.org/node/18151.
Thanks for the info, the mmdocumenttypes.xml file is not missing or hidden in my configuration/documenttypes/ folder. I tried manually editing dreamweavers config, but in cs5.5 there doesn't seem to be an "extentions.txt". I edited the mmdocumenttypes.xml config to match the description given in your last link, but when I try to open Dreamweaver, I still get the error message that the file is missing or corrupted.
I can't believe I didn't try this earlier... All I had to do was rename the file to have .xml at the end. When dreamweaver is installed, the file is already a .xml file, but for some reason dreamweaver still crashed. You have to add the .xml.
No document types have been found in the Configuration/docmentTypes/ folder. The MMDocumentTypes.xml file may be missing or corrupted. The application will exit now. The above answers have not worked for me to fix this issue and Adobe chat was of no assistance on top of which they have no way of allowing their customers to e mail them for support. I would really appreciate some help here.
Reintalled CS6 twice already. Cannot get rid of error " No Document types have been found in the Configuration/DucumentTypes/folder. The MMDocumentTypes.xml file may be missing or corrupted.
No answers above are working
When uninstalling tell the uninstaller to delete User Preferences Data (it's the checkbox over on the right when you choose what to uninstall out of the suite. Try uninstalling with that checked and then reinstall again. Just did this and it worked.
Try Step #4 and Step #12
For 2 days I have been pulling my hair out! Scrolling through pages and pages of forums, installing and reinstalling a million times...until I see your post.... Try Step #4 and Step #1 of the help doc...THANK YOU!!!! 2 days of headache was fixed in 5 minutes!!!