Skip navigation
wankaa661
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver Error on Load - MMdocumenttypes.xml wont open/missing

Jan 20, 2012 6:10 PM

Tags: #cs5.5 #dreamweaver #dreamweaver_cs5 #dw

Hi,

I just purchased and installed Dreamweaver cs5.5 student and teacher edition for a PC. When I open the program, I receive an error message:

"No document types have been found in the Configuartion/DocumentTypes/ folder. The MMdocumenttypes.xml file may be missing or corrupt."

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program, which did not change the problem. How can I get Dreamweaver running properly? The MMdocumenttypes.xml is located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\configuration\DocumentTypes Folder, it is not missing, and shouldn't be corrupt as I just installed the program.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 21, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to wankaa661

Hello,

even if these informations are not the latest/newest, they may be still usable:

http://www.chrisherberte.com/blog/missing-mmdocumenttypesxml-file
    http://www.chrisherberte.com/?page=1

and Manually editing Dreamweaver's configuration: http://drupal.org/node/18151.

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2012 11:11 PM   in reply to wankaa661

Hi,

---------del----------

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2012 11:56 AM   in reply to wankaa661

Thanks a bunch!  This totally worked for me

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 12:48 PM   in reply to wankaa661

No document types have been found in the Configuration/docmentTypes/ folder. The MMDocumentTypes.xml file may be missing or corrupted. The application will exit now. The above answers have not worked for me to fix this issue and Adobe chat was of no assistance on top of which they have no way of allowing their customers to e mail them for support. I would really appreciate some help here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2012 10:17 PM   in reply to wankaa661

Reintalled CS6 twice already. Cannot get rid of error " No Document types have been found in the Configuration/DucumentTypes/folder. The MMDocumentTypes.xml file may be missing or corrupted.

No answers above are working

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2012 10:52 PM   in reply to Grylas

When uninstalling tell the uninstaller to delete User Preferences Data  (it's the checkbox over on the right when you choose what to uninstall out of the suite. Try uninstalling with that checked and then reinstall again. Just did this and it worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2012 11:30 PM   in reply to Grylas

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 2:17 PM   in reply to John Waller

For 2 days I have been pulling my hair out! Scrolling through pages and pages of forums, installing and reinstalling a million times...until I see your post....  Try Step #4 and Step #1 of the help doc...THANK YOU!!!! 2 days of headache was fixed in 5 minutes!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to John Waller

#12 worked for me. I have Dreamweaver CS5.5 running on Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points