Skip navigation
Vivek03
Currently Being Moderated

Not able to open Pdf's on web browser on Win2k8 R2 64 bit

Jun 11, 2012 12:00 AM

Hi,

I have an application which generates reports which can be viewed both as html and pdf. When trying to view the report on pdf mode, one popup is displayed with buttons save,open and cancel. I want reports to get displayed directly on browser with out this pop up. Also this pop up is not coming in 32 bit machine. I have checked this behaviour with adobe 9.4.0 and adobe 10.1.3 on 64 bit machine. The behaviour is shown in both firefox and IE9, however IE8 does not show the popup but reports deosn't disply in browser (they get displayed in pdf viewer seperetly).

I have tried all the setting available in adobe reader (set default pdf handler, display pdf in browser) but nothing is working here.

Can anyone please provide me some help on this....

Thanks,

Vivek

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2012 1:38 AM   in reply to Vivek03

Adobe Reader is a 32-bit application, and so is the browser plugin; it will not work on a 64-bit browser, instead it will open in the standalone Reader application.  So you can only view PDF documents inline in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.

However, you also mentioned Firefox; you cannot view the PDF docs inline in the 32-bit Firefox?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points