Skip navigation
Lyndsey4
Currently Being Moderated

Installation Problems

Jun 11, 2012 8:45 AM

I recently purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Premiere Elements 10 as a combo pack. I have tried downloading the software and continue to get a message when trying to install Photoshop Elements that reads: close all applications, dynamiclinkmanager.... What is this and how do I close it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to Lyndsey4

Do you use sugarsync?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Hi, Barbara.

Apologies to Lyndsey for highjacking this thread...

I have had this same message, stopping me from UNINSTALLING a Photoshop Elements 10 trial.  (In fact,that program didn't install correctly on an iMac and I'm trying to clear everything out in order to start again.)

By the way, I have a successful install on Premiere Elements 10 on the same machine and don't want to remove or affect that.

I don't use sugarsync, as far as I know...

Any suggestions, please?

Regards,

Les

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Thanks for the speedy reply, Barbara, but I'm unclear how that article relates to my problem with uninstall or an error message relating to DynamicLinkManager. 

I installed Premiere using the standard Adobe install packages and tried the same with Photoshop.  Adobe Chat staff have tried without success over many hours to get to the bottom of why the PS install failed.  Now I simply want to get rid of the thing, but am failing with the DLM problem.

Can you explain why that article may help or offer other suggestions, please?

Regards,

Les

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to AndreLudwig

When you spoke to adobe support did they have you run cleanscript?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

No...  What's that?

They had me re-downloading the .dmg file, re-doing the install, trying a new admin account & trying a new download location(which I couldn't access due to insufficient permissions!), none of which helped.  They tried to lead me through the processes to give them screen access to my iMac, but that software wouldn't load properly either.

Les

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to AndreLudwig

The problem is that you need to remove whatever was there before you can reinstall, and you can't uninstall right? Cleanscript breaks the links within PSE and the components in other places like application support so that you can remove it manually. However, it will trash all your adobe programs, so usually it's best to uninstall everything else first. Let me know if you want to try it that way.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 5:30 PM   in reply to AndreLudwig

trying a new download location(which I couldn't access due to insufficient permissions!)

You are running from an admin account, right?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 6:32 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Hi, Barbara.

Yes, I was running as an Administrator.  However, I've solved it without the need to try CleanScript.  I had attempted the install several times through 2 admin accounts - the second being on Adobe's advice  - all of which gave errors.  I must have been trying the uninstall through whichever account had not got furthest or maybe wasn't the final attempt.  Trying the unistall through the other admin account worked ok - as far as I can tell.

As an aside, I would have expected some sort of Permissions warning on the incorrect uninstall attempt.  To tell me I needed to close a process which I could neither see was running nor was able to stop seems unhelpful, to say the least.

Still, at least I can try again from a clean state.  Fingers crossed.

And thanks again for your help.

Les

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points