• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 8 Download

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figures, my edition of CF8 gets corrupted on my server two days after CF9 launches so when I went to download a fresh copy, I can't find it. Does anyknow know where I can find a download for CF8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need one for OSX x64 as well. The download was available about 4 hours ago. but now it's all gone!!!

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the ColdFusion 9 download page you click on the "Related ColdFusion downloads" link.  On this page, all the ColdFusion 8 downloads will be listed at the bottom under the ColdFusion 9 downloads.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked there but all I found were the tools, updates, and an empty

section where I assumed the download would be. Need a 64bit CF server.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take another look, but when I went there yesterday all I saw were the CF8 tools, the CF8 patches, and a static section where I thought the servers would be. I need CF8 64bit server. If you have an actual link to that, please post it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I should have said that is where they are supposed to be.  It has been where old installers have always been before.

I suspect this is an OOPS on Adobe's part and somebody missed a link or three on that page.  I presume a message in the right Adobe ear would ge that fixed fairly quickly, but I'm affraid I do not know a way to get a message into that ear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called customer support and the are emailing me a link to the 64 bit

version of CF8

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF, I also need the 32 bit and 64 bit installers.  Please, somebody from Adobe post these ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF, I also need the 32 bit and 64 bit installers.  Please, somebody from Adobe post these ASAP.

Officially, Adobe neither monitor nor participate in these forums.  Occasionally an Adobe staffer will respond here, but these forums are not an Adobe support channel.  If you need to talk to someone from Adobe, you need to give them a call.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that.  It's just odd that the second CF 9 comes out, they turn their backs on the large user base of CF 8 users who still wish to obtain their purchased software from the website from time to time.

As soon as I find the link, I WILL post it here.  I'm not sure why they are trying to hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect it's because someone f*cked up.  Up until they redid the CF page to promote CF9, both CF8 and CF7 were still available for D/L, so it's not like they have a policy of only allowing the most recent version to be D/Led.  They'll still sell and actively support CF8 for a few years yet, I imagine.

I've brought it to their attention. I'll report back with any info I get back.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not trying to hide it.

Somebody made a mistake.  I do it all the time.

I am sure it will be fixed.  It may take a day or three to work through what ever process it takes to get new content on their web site.  But I'm sure it will be fxed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ianskinner wrote:

They are not trying to hide it.

Somebody made a mistake.  I do it all the time.

Thanks for the comments guys.  I too was suprised to find the links missing, and wondered if it might have been deliberate.  Silly of me, since that was not the policy with past releases.

Message was edited by: -==cfSearching==- I must have been dreaming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now there doesn't appear to be anyway to get the CF9 trial installers. All the text on the page, like the listing of files, relate to CF9 but the downloads dropdowns are for CF8 now. This is the main page you get to when you click 'get trial' from the ColdFusion main page. I believe the downloads for CF8 should be on this page

http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html

under the CF 8 header. This page is accessible from the main download page when you click on 'get trial'.

(the comment above I was replying to was edited: the URL I am refering to, where you can download CF8 now is http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??

I just went to the link you supplied and got nothing by CF9. I spoke to Customer Service today and they informed me there is a problem and they hope to have it rectified soon in regards to posting a link to CF8. So, there is no where on the site to get it at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@digital active,

I think I spoke too soon and they are still in the process of fixing the links. I went to the download page last night and thought it was fixed (ie CF8 links were available).  But the download options looked different this morning.  So I was either dreaming ...or it is still in the progress.

-Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the CF8 DL section:

http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html#cf8proddl
"If your organization is not yet ready to upgrade to ColdFusion 9, you can continue to use ColdFusion 8 to simplify and accelerate Internet application development and deployment."

I called support earlier this week to find out where I could DL CF8. The support rep told me they are no longer allowing CF8 downloads.  You can still purchase CF8 from a reseller (until CF10 is released), but you can't try it before you buy it.  Luckily I was able to find my 64-bit OSX installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they expect customers to resort to illegal sources just to they can download a free developer version for an OS type they didn´t download in the past?

Experienced the exact same problem today. I had to set up a CF8 dev system on a remote system and our file server only had the 32bit Linux installer instead of the required.64bit.

Guess Railo just gained another supporter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What pisses me off is that my web sites are all down and I am OUT OF BUSINESS until they figure what they are going to do. I have an Enterprise license and I am not getting any service.

Real nice Adobe!

Looks like Microsoft just got a new supporter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be slightly concerned as to how your CF8 installer got corrupted in the

first place, too. Sounds like you might have a flaky hard drive there.

I have a CF8 Windows installer for both 32- and 64-bit here. If you have an

FTP site I can upload 'em to, I'm more than happy to do so. Email me the

details: adam_junk@hotmail.com

I don't believe that would violate any licensing rules, as I will not be

providing you serial numbers, just the installer.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2009 Oct 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FTP was sent to your _junk email address. Thank again for the 64-bit CF8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boboliv3r wrote:

I called support earlier this week to find out where I could DL CF8. The support rep told me they are no longer allowing CF8 downloads.  You can still purchase CF8 from a reseller (until CF10 is released), but you can't try it before you buy it.  Luckily I was able to find my 64-bit OSX installer.

If that is indeed the case, I have to say I am surprised.  While I would not expect _all_ past versions to be available for download, I think it is reasonable to expect trial versions be made available for any current software that is available for purchase.  To remove CF8 within days of CF9's release breaks with developer expections, based on prior releases.  Obviously my opinion does not change the current situation, but I am really surprised at this decision .. and disappointed.

-Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really has me in a bind also. I needed to uninstall CF 8 to change some drive letters thinking I could just download the server again and put in my serial number - no luck. I have looked all over. I really need to get this server back online. On the additional CF download page I se

Additional ColdFusion 8 Server Installers

but it doesn't list anything. I hope they post it soon. I don't have the disk here. It is in another state

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone please upload the installers to a free hosting service like rapidshare?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished a phone call with Adobe's customer support.

Apparently they're currently in the middle of a software upgrade and can't even enter new support cases into the system until Wednesday morning.

By then it'll already be too late for the project I'm working on.

Guess I'll have to find another way to get that 64bit Linux developer edition. Hopefully there's still a copy buried somewhere on one of the other file servers.

Reminds me of the ludicrous stunt by T-Mobile which might cause all Sidekick customers to lose their data without an chance of recovery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation