Skip navigation
SteveMacintyre
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a 'strict' shape tweening mode?

Jun 11, 2012 3:48 PM

Tags: #tween #shape

I'm actually using shape tweening more and more for various character animation projects but am finding that the engine introduces tons of vertices when what I really want is a more precise mode where vertice A in frame one goes to vertice A in frame 5, vertice B to vertice B, and so on, and so forth. Instead, flash introduces tons of intermediary vertices where it thinks it would make a transition. I'm sure this makes things simple for the novice, but I'm at a point now where I'm creating shapes with a specific amount of vertices and using the bezier tools to create the most optimized shape as possible which I'm hoping would make flashes job easier.

It would be really *REALLY* useful if there was a stricter mode for people who actually want to animate by editing vertices instead of shapes. Is there a way to prevent the engine from creating new points or is there some plugin that can help? Any help would be appreciated, I'm on a strict deadline and this is creating more work.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 11, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to SteveMacintyre

i'm only aware of using shape hints to help coerce flash to tween the way you want.  if that doesn't yield satisfactory results, you have to break your shape into several parts, distribute to different layers and tween each layer.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 11, 2012 5:33 PM   in reply to SteveMacintyre

you can tween a vertex to a vertex using shape hints.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points