Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 11.3.300.257 plays video too fast

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just updated to the lastest version of flashplayer 11.3.300.257.  Now, all vidoes in youtube and bbc iplayer etc that use flashplayer run very fast and without sound (just like fast forwarding x4).

I am on Windows Vista Business Edition (all updates included)

Browser is IE9.

I have tried a clean reinstall of flash player a number of times but same issue.

I have cleared caches and deleted all history etc via the advanced section of the software.

I have also removed the hardware acceleration.  Nothing has helped.

However, if i run in "safe mode" it seems to run at the correct speed.  I have uninstalled all recent software updates (such as skype) but still the issue remains.  Is it likely to be a conflict issue?

I have tried to install a previous version of flashplayer from the archives page but get an error message 1722.

Can anyone help?

Nigel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have narrowed down the issue... it is soemthing to do with Windows USB Audio driver.  The issue is caused when my usb speakers are connected.  When I disable the usb audio device or unplug the usb speakers, flash player works OK.

Is there any way round this issue?  the speakers are fine as they work ok connected to a Windows XP machine.  It must be soemthing to do with the windows vista usb audio driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this over to Using Flash Player, as it isn't specific to installation issues.

This isn't on my radar, but is something we definitely want to take a look at.

Please file a bug over at http://bugbase.adobe.com/.  This is the best way to get things over to the engineering team.

Please run dxdiag with your USB speakers connected (start > run > type debugdiag.exe [Enter]), and attach the output to the bug.  If you can include any information on the USB speakers (manfuacturer, model number, etc), that would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Thank you Nigel and Jeromie for your help. I was trying to run the debug executable but could not find it on my computer. Any place I can download that from? Switched back to my regular audio port and videos play fine. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeromie.  I have submitted the bug.  I will let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my reference, here's the bug:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3217331 - Flash player 11.3.300.257 plays video too fast

In order to get traction on this, they're going to need to be able to reproduce it.

It would be great if you could do two things:

- Provide direct links to a couple videos that reproduce this problem. 
  If they're on different sites, and based in the US, even better.  (Geographic restrictions make it hard to troubleshoot.  We can VPN, but that can mask/introduce network and timing problems.)

- Provide the output of dxdiag.exe

Go to Start > Run > and type "debugdiag" no qoutes, then hit [Enter]

Save the output and attach it to the bug above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with build 11.3.300.257 using Windows 7, I.E.9 and a set of Music Studio (Stripy Collection) USB speakers. The issue is resolved when I disable the USB speakers.

This is using the generic USB audio drivers from Microsoft which is up to version: 6.1.7601.17514 part of the SP1 update, but the problem was also there with the previous drivers also before the SP1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines