Skip navigation
jobumac
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6 Mac XMP File Info Panel Bug: can't copy and paste metadata

May 14, 2012 3:12 AM

The cmd-keys / shortcuts doesn't work in the xmp file info panel btw. in the xmp / iptc fields (e.g. cmd+c, cmd+v, ...) of Adobe Bridge CS6 (Mac OS 10.6.8 and 10.7.3). You are not able to cut and paste info from one box to another like previous versions.

This bug only appears in the xmp file info window (opened via alt+i) in Bridge CS6 - if you edit information or metadata in the file info panel in Photoshop CS6 copy and paste from one field to another works.

The shortcuts also work under Windows (tested under Vista).

I noticed this minor bug already one in the Photoshop CS6 Beta more than one months ago. I hoped that this was corrected in the official test version, but unfortunately it is not. Although it is a minor bug, it is IMHO a basic function and would be very helpful in my daily work - it is too bad, that such a small thing is making working with the application a little bit annoying.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 3:49 AM   in reply to jobumac

Thanks for your report; we'll look into it.

Frank

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to jobumac

Well, you can always use the context menu for copy/paste.

Frank

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 10:12 AM   in reply to FrankBiederich

One of the useful features in the info panel is the auto fill feature.  Using the context menu doesn't apply it in the info panel so the autofill doens't work.  There are fields where I am applying paragraphs worth of info into and now I'm forced to copy from another source to the context menu instead of being ably to type the first letter and having it populate.  This is incredibly disapponting that something so obvious was released without being tested.

I have tested on pc though and copy/paste seems to work in info panel, so it's strictly a CS6/mac issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2012 12:00 PM   in reply to FrankBiederich

Hello Frank

Has there been any progress on resolving the issue?  I have been struggling since May with the copy and paste problem in 'file info' in Bridge.  It is rather time consuming using the edit menu.  I look forward to a Mac solution shortly

Thanks

Nick

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 5:44 AM   in reply to Nick.13

Hi Nick,

I talked to the Bridge team. The bug has already been fixed for a dot release,

that will be released quite soon, probably in September.

-- Stefan

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points