Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player

Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using an online card delivery company for some time, successfully.  I recently received a card from my daughter, using the same company.  I cannot open this card now as it tells me to update my Flash Player.

This I have done, after many difficulties, and having deleted the older version first. I have checked that the installation was successfully downloaded and installed, but I am still unable to read or send cards from this site.

The Adobe site download quoted the previous programme as 11.02.208.235, but I undersatand the latest is 11.03.300.257.and this is the one I now have.  Please can someone help.  I have forwarded the incoming card (contained in an e-mail) to my husband's laptop and it has been successful. Why will this not work on my computer when it has done so in the past Pauline.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Chris, and anyone else who tried to help with this Flash Player problem.  Thanks but the error has now been corrected after online assistance from another sorce.

Thanks anyway one and all.

Pauline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this post to the Adobe Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser and OS are you using?  Can you see any of the flash content on this page?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, thanks for getting in touch. BTYahoo and Windows Vista. I have done everything as instructed by Adobe, and verified that all is correct, but I am still not able to read the downloaded item.  Not  technically minded at all, just  retired and using the computer mainly for fun and interest. Any help would be appreciated. There does not appear to be an e-mail contact for Adobe direct, so I am a bit stumpted

Pauline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pauline,

I think what we need to do first is determine if Flash Player is working with your browser.  You mention Yahoo, but I'm assuming this is really just Internet Explorer.  Try going to this page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Does it look similiar to this image?

6-9-2012 4-18-39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, Thanks - Yes system shows and states that Flash Player is installed and running correctly.

The Report clearly shows that I have 11.03.300.257 and it was updated on the 08.05 2012. The previous

updated was 11.02.208.235. As you will see from my e-mail address I am with BT which runs through Yahoo.

Thanks

Pauline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your problem is resolved, or you are still having the problem?

If so, please tell us what web browser you use (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, ...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Pat the problem is not yet resolved; Flash player, is as you see from my reply to Chris, installed and running correctly, HOWEVER, I still cannot open the communication from the specific web site sent via an e-mail from my daughter.  Each time I open it, it only shows the Flash Player logo and advises that I must update my Flash Player. I have contacted the web site - who say they cannot help - they use FP and have not experienced any probs.  So where I go from her is anyones guess.!  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  From looking through other FAQ's it would appear that there are many many problems with FP.

Pauline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pauline,

Can you post or send me (ccampbel@adobe.com) the link so I can give it a try?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris, and anyone else who tried to help with this Flash Player problem.  Thanks but the error has now been corrected after online assistance from another sorce.

Thanks anyway one and all.

Pauline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser add-on; it would be so much easier to help you if you told us what browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines