Skip navigation
Wayne Constable
Currently Being Moderated

Plugins, deployment & Qt on a Mac

Jun 11, 2012 2:46 AM

I have a plug-in that links to the Qt framework (QtCore.framework and QtGui.framework) on Mac OS X 10.6.8 - XCode 3.2.6

So I'm trying to deploy the plug-in onto a mac that doesn't already have the Qt framework installed, but with no success so far. This is what I've done:

Added a Copy Files Build Phase to copy QtCore.framework & QtGui.framework to my plug-in bundle's Frameworks folder.

Added a "Run Script Phase" to alter the install names of the frameworks which looks like this:

install_name_tool -id @loader_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore ${BUILD_DIR}"/"${WRAPPER_NAME}/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/V ersions/4/QtCore

install_name_tool -id @loader_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui ${BUILD_DIR}"/"${WRAPPER_NAME}/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Ve rsions/4/QtGui

install_name_tool -change /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.4/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore @loader_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore ${BUILD_DIR}"/"${WRAPPER_NAME}/Contents/MacOS/QtDeploymentTest

install_name_tool -change /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.4/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui@lo ader_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Version/4/QtGui ${BUILD_DIR}"/"${WRAPPER_NAME}/Contents/MacOS/QtDeploymentTest

install_name_tool -change /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.4/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore @loader_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore ${BUILD_DIR}"/"${WRAPPER_NAME}/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Ve rsions/4/QtGui

But when Illustrator attempts to load the plug-in on the target mac, I'm getting this error:

Error loading /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.1/Plug-ins.localized/QtDeploymentTest.aip/Contents/MacOS/QtDeploy mentTest:  dlopen(/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.1/Plug-ins.localized/QtDeploymentTest.aip/Contents/MacOS/QtDeploy mentTest, 262): Library not loaded: @loader_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/QtCore

Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.1/Plug-ins.localized/QtDeploymentTest.aip/Contents/MacOS/../Frame works/QtGui.framework/QtGui

Reason: image not found

Any ideas anyone? I was under the understanding that @loader_path should be the path to my plug-in's executable but ld still fails to load it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2012 10:20 AM   in reply to Wayne Constable

The problem appears to be QtGui trying to load QtCore, in this case QtGui will need a path to QtCore more along the lines of:

@loader_path/../../../QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore

double check my '..' count

AFAIK, the @loader_path is set to QtGui once that is being loaded. 

You could also look at using rpath, there might be less figuring out what the relative paths are from each dylib to the next.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to Wayne Constable

No prob, happy to help anyone brave enough to use Qt with AI

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers