• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delivery Date

Explorer ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a specific requirement for the delivery date. We do not provide delivery service on the weekends and also all the orders placed by 4:00pm will be delivery next day.  If orders are placed at 4:01pm will be delivered following day. I wonder if there is a ways to customise the calendar/delivery dates?  Please help.

Thanks

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

There's unfortunately no way to do that as you do not have the direct access to the calendar file since it's shared amongst all sites on BC.

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We do not have a feature that will monitor and restrict delivery service as required per your requirements. 

The workaround is to note this within your shop layout to the customer of your delivery policy.  You may want to include this in both the cart, checkout or even the invoice layout as a note/disclaimer to communicate this information to the client accordingly.

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sidney.  I have created a datepicker through custom field on the checkout page.  Is there any way to at least disable selection for the weekends? I think it can be done through jscript but don't know how exactly.  I am assuming that the selected date, you will be able to see in the customer order so our warehouse staff knows when to deliver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's unfortunately no way to do that as you do not have the direct access to the calendar file since it's shared amongst all sites on BC.

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really surprised!  The following code works so is there any way I can assign the value of the #mydate to custom field created in BC.

<script>

$(function() {

$("#mydate").datepicker({ beforeShowDay: $.datepicker.noWeekends });

});

</script>

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a jQuery date picker. If you want to use it you have to use Text(String) field in your form, then use Firebug to inspect the field's ID and replace "#mydate" with that ID.

Cheers,

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Is this is appropriate? I am just assigning the value to custom and will make the custom field display to none?  Excuse my programming skills.

$("input[id='datepicker']").change( function() {

alert($(this).val())

var val = datepicker.value;

CAT_Custom_271170_96280.value = val;

});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to not use global variable to retrieve the value of html input identified by datepicker id (tests ok only in webkit powered browsers (Chrome and Safari), doesn't work in IE or Firefox).

So instead I suggest using this snippet of code:

$("input#datepicker").change( function() {

// read the value of the input (safe method)

var val = $(this).val();

CAT_Custom_271170_96280.value = val;

//alert(CAT_Custom_271170_96280.value);

});

Also please make sure that the ID of the custom field is the right one - http://screencasteu.worldsecuresystems.com/Andrei/2012-06-12_1730.png

Andrei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Andrei.  I am trying to capture the delivery date on the Shipping Cart so I can customize the datepicker based on the selected shipping option e.g. Saturday select only, etc. But if I pick the date from the datepicker and then select the shipping option the selected date disappears. .  I think this date is not storing/saving hence it is disappearing.  Any guidance/workaround or am I doing something wrong? please.

Many thanks, SM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines