Skip navigation
hoosierdaddy1960
Currently Being Moderated

Authorize Computer

Sep 7, 2011 2:57 PM

When I try to authorize my computer I get "Activation Server error code: E_AUTHO_NOT_READY".  I have authorized previous versions of Digital Editions.

Anybody get this error code and if so, is there a way to authorize the computer?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 9, 2011 2:40 AM   in reply to hoosierdaddy1960

The error code you see indicates unable to contact the server, or unable to extract the Authorization Service information from the response.

If you have authorized Digital Editions 1.7, normally you don’t need to authorize Digital Editions 1.8 again because they share the same authorization information. Are you running both 1.7 and 1.8 concurrently? Did you authorize Digital Editions 1.7 anonymously or namely? Can you please share more information about what have been done before authorizing Digital Editions 1.8?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2012 7:48 AM   in reply to YJ_Yi

I am seeing the same.  1.7 is installed and still says authorized.   1.8.3 says its not authorized and says

This computer is Authorized without an ID

Opering Adobe DRM protected item on this computer will make the item only readable on this particular computer. This item will not be readable on other computers or devces and wont be able to be restored from backup if you ever need to re-install your OS.

To change this computer's authorization to be associated with an Adobe ID, dick on the Continue button

If you hit continue and try and enter your id and password you get the

E_AUTH_NOT_READY mesage with Digital Editions encountered an error on the activation server.

Since 1.8 still is not complete, I am not ready to remove 1.7 yet.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points