Skip navigation
darrinwa
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone experiencing issues in Dreamweaver CS 5.5 after Lion 10.7.3 update?

Feb 3, 2012 6:06 AM

When I view all files in the Files panel in Dreamweaver, all the graphic files icons are missing (.gif, .jpg. etc.)

I tried recreating site cache, but nothing seems to be working.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to darrinwa

Same problem here with Dreamweaver CS5 and Lion 10.7.3.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to Didjee

Confirmed, same issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to darrinwa

Howdy. I experienced exactly the same thing. It is absolutely coincident with the upgrade to 10.7.3. The only icons that show up for me in file view are HTML, CSS, and JS. Missing icons include SWF, JPG, PNG, DOC, PDF, FLV, and pretty much anything else. This is true in both local and remote view. It's an annoyance, and everything else seems to work okay.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 1:44 PM   in reply to kivcre

Just installed Lion Update 10.7.3 and my adobe media encoder stopped working properly too. Video Previews are gone can't see the video you're working on.  I think it's something to do with overlay drivers and the video card. Looks like 10.7.3 may have broke quite afew things. Funny thing is the Apple products at poorly too. Their QA dept must have all cash out there stocks and left.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to fatninja

Thanks, Fatninja. I just tested converting a random mp4 in Media Encoder and see what you mean. You can't edit the video within Media Encoder because you can't see it in the preview window. The video did seem to encode okay. I haven't experienced anything strange in other CS5.x products (Illustrator or Photoshop). I opened a file in Flash, and there wasn't anything apparently wrong. All the icons in the library looked fine. Didn't do anything approaching an extensive test, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 6:13 AM   in reply to darrinwa

I am experiencing the same thing with Dreamweaver CS4 after the 10.7.3 update ... all graphic icons in the site window are missing. I can click/drag from the file name just fine .. but a bit disconcerting nonetheless.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to darrinwa

Problems in DW 5 (Mac) after 10.7.3. Console generating hundreds of:

Dreamweaver[380]: PlotISImageRef 0x2f810004 InContext 0x2048a950 in {56.000000,490.000000,-16.000000,16.000000}, inAlign:5, inTransform:0, inFlags:0 failed. (err=-2582)

Has to do with the File panel - whenever you scroll to view files or select another site to view, it generates numerous errors.

Does it on laptop and tower. Single monitor, double monitor. Booted in safe mode, still does it. Created new DW configuration folder and disabled all extensions - still does it. Does it in all user accounts. Doesn't do it if I boot in 10.7.2. No luck troubleshooting.

Anyone else with this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to crockej

Yep, exactly the same errors in console here...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 6:50 AM   in reply to Didjee

I just filed a couple of bug reports for Dreamweaver and Media Encoder. I suggest others in this forum do the same. I neglected, however, to cite this forum as a reference. Would someone like to do that, please?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 11:28 AM   in reply to kivcre

Is there a particular URL to report bugs?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to tPetaccia

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 1:48 PM   in reply to crockej

One more piece of the puzzle to the Console error:

Dreamweaver[380]: PlotISImageRef 0x2f810004 InContext 0x2048a950 in {56.000000,490.000000,-16.000000,16.000000}, inAlign:5, inTransform:0, inFlags:0 failed. (err=-2582)

It's created when in the file viewer, and you scroll to an image or pdf file. No error is generated until the image or pdf file comes into view. And... the images and PDFs don't have an icon while all the other .html or .inc files do have icons.

Looks like something is broken when it comes to displaying certain icons - which seems to make sense with the 'PlotISImageRef' error.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2012 8:47 PM   in reply to SnakEyez02

Thanks .. bug report submitted.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2012 4:42 AM   in reply to darrinwa

I received a response to my bug report from someone at Adobe:

"Thanks for reporting the issue. We are aware of this issue and currently investigating it."

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2012 5:48 AM   in reply to darrinwa

Yup same issue here so looks like it's affected everybody - although everything still works which is the main thing. Hopefully a fix will pop up here soon...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to darrinwa

Thank GOD! I thought I was going crazy. I am so happy to see everyone with the 10.7.3 update is having this issue. Adobe please post a fix soon, it really just looks like you have to define the paths using a different function name as per the reports in the console.

IE:

Dreamweaver: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes > The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead.

Dreamweaver: CFURLCreateWithString was passed this invalid URL string >  The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 8:16 PM   in reply to Giancarlo Gomez

Thanks all for reporting the issue.

The Dreamweaver engineering team is aware of this issue and are working on it. We are hoping to fix it soon for all the versions which have been affected.

..Sarthak

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 9:32 AM   in reply to Sarthak Singhal

Can we have a fix soon, please?

There is a nifty tool: (Adobe updater) - that would be perfect for that. Hint. Hint.

DW seems to be the least maintained software in the CS 5.5 web package, at the moment.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to ceBerlin

☺ We would love to send out the fix soon!

We need some more time internally though.

..Sarthak

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to darrinwa

Rather different problem. All files are reformatted when uploaded turning code into one line.

Same happens with uploads using filezilla. All files stored locally are fine so my work around until resolved is to upload all my files using my macPowerpc and Dreamweaver 4

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 1:15 AM   in reply to darrinwa

-- yes same missing icons with Lion. Where is the solution?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 12:15 PM   in reply to shiruna

...and April is almost gone.

The solution, as always, is to NOT fix obvious bugs in the software and then market CS6 like crazy so everyone just upgrades out of frustration. Which is pretty much the only reason I upgraded from CS4 to 5, then to 5.5...

Oh, you wanted *icons* in your site window? That's a New Feature in CS6!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to fastasleep

Of course the "staff is looking into that and fix it soon / question is answered" was just usual marketing talk.

Of course we need to pay for bug fixes, as usual. Shareholders demand that.

The biggest "feature" for me actually would be to be able to switch off (remove) all those bulky not needed stuff like Catalyst, inEdit, Cloud, Spry, which only comes in the way.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:28 AM   in reply to darrinwa

Hi Folks,

First off apologies for not keeping you updated on the engineering activities done internally.

My rquest you to all would be to not think that engineering team is not looking into this case.

The team is looking into it and have made significant progress. There are some times when the team may not be directly responsible for fixing this issue. This is just one of those situations where we know of the problem, we have a private build for fix, but sharing it internally is also a challenge since we are not very confident of the fix right now.

All I am saying is that is we hear you. And we are fixing the issue even when we are releasing new versions like CS6. I am not from the marketing team. I work (sit next to them) directly with Dw engineers and hence can provide you this information.

..Sarthak

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 7:51 PM   in reply to Sarthak Singhal

So, was this issue fixed in CS6?

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to darrinwa

darrinwa wrote:

Just installed Dreamweaver CS6 Beta on Mac OS 10.7.3, and there still the issue with missing icons for all graphic files.

I first posted this issue back in February... I can't believe this still hasn't been resolved with the new version of Dreamweaver.

Darrin, I can't find the post off hand, but it was stated before that the root of the issue was in OSX and should be fixed in 10.7.4 whenever Apple gets around to releasing it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 5:39 PM   in reply to SnakEyez02

Hey, look at that — 10.7.4 dropped today and my icons are back in Dreamweaver CS 5.5, and with no update from Adobe...which makes the above messages from their dev people kinda strange, but whatever.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 9:38 PM   in reply to fastasleep

@All

The release of 10.7.4 should fix the icons missing from files panel which was broken. The teams at Adobe and Apple were working together to fix this issue.

In such cross team engineering investigations, it can sometimes get difficult to confirm the problem and do a root cause analysis.

Good news is that the fix is available to all Lion users.

Thanks for the patience ..Sarthak

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to Sarthak Singhal

I am still experiencing this issue on 10.7.4 ...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/118949/screenshots/dw_2012-06-12.png

I wasn't aware of this threat and had opened a different one. Reference link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4473995

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points