On Firefox and Chrome, but not in IE!
I've just handed off a browser based AIRHelp system to the software developers. I've tested it on my machine on Firefox and IE and have never had any problems with pop-blockers.
This is what they are appending to index.htm for the CSH call
However the 2 developers have not been able top get the CSH IDs to work unless Firefox and Chrome have them turned off.
Anyone any ideas?
Last post on this issue.
Decided to generate WebHelp Output, and voila, no pop-up blockers, help displays quicker, no issues with CSH links. Must say I'm disappointed that Adobe can't get browser based AIRHelp to work properly (i.e. the same as WebHelp), esp as the software we are developing is Flex based and the look and feel is so much better than WebHelp. But at least this way we don't have to maintain a custom index.html page.
Quick thanks to Willam who tried to help me.
I'm experiencing the exact same issue with the Air Browser Based Help.
Someone on this site recommended I "test" first with WebHelp, but it sort of defeats the purpose. The Adobe Air skins look great for the present and the foreseeable future, while the WebHelp skins look great circa 1999-2003.
Hopefully Adobe is hard at work on addressing this issue as we speak and they issue a patch to the API ASAP.
I took another look at this thread but there's nothing I can really offer, especially as it looks like Willam gave you some direct help and if he can't fix it, then I certainly cannot. Willam is our guru on such matters.
It seems to me that the options are your developers were getting it wrong or they were getting it right and the method is wrong. As you can see in the other thread, CSH using URLs does work.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Europe, Middle East and Africa