Skip navigation
coolmichaelrocks
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player Crashing

Jun 11, 2012 5:54 PM

Tags: #flash #crash #firefox #player

How do i get flash player to stop crashing? Here is the mozilla crash file that about:crash thing brought me to..  https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/b1efa9b8-9e76-4b60-9da5-e 3a5b2120610   and also it seems like since i updated to 11.3 of flash player a lot more dmp files are appearing in "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\pending"  so how do i stop the crashing of flash player plugin on firefox.? it seems to happen when i go to miniclip..  also libflashplayer.so told me i should post a new topic in one i was posting in before. Also I'm on windows 7 64-bit

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2012 7:41 PM   in reply to coolmichaelrocks

hi there.  just to confirm, when you say crash, you get prompts for the flash player crashing, correct?  or does the browser itself go down and you need to restart it? 

also, we hear of reports of crashing on the GM version on Win 7.  so, if you haven't already and you are comfortable, please apply service pack1 of the OS to see if that resolves your issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to coolmichaelrocks

yes, we are seeing different reports so the reason we wanted group them.  also, there is a known incompatibility it seems with the real plugin.  you could re-enable ProtectedMode and uninstalling the real player to see if this is your issue.

reference:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/crash-leaving-browser-page-flas h.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to coolmichaelrocks

realplayer would be an extension not an addon.  your crash matches one we don't have a handle on.  we have an internal bug that's associated with your callstask.  it's currently in review.  would you be available for troubleshooting if needed?  thanks...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to libflashplayer.so

also,  is this a random crash?  if not, would you be able to isolate it to some reproducible steps for us?  i know you mentioned minclip, but could you start a new session and note steps to get you to the crash state with the least steps possible?  thanks...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to libflashplayer.so

i think i have steps to reproduce.  let me forward internally and see where it goes from there...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points