• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android AIR App Random Error #2032: Stream Error (HTTPStatusEvent = 0)

Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am investigating an issue with failed requests and it's been difficult to narrow it down. When I put the URL into a browser I get a valid / expected response. However when I try to access the same URL using Actionscript 3 on my Android Devices (Nexus S and Xoom), I get stream error #2032 at random.

I am using URLRequest with a custom RequestListener class:

var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();                 

if(action == "zip") loader.dataFormat = URLLoaderDataFormat.BINARY;

var listener:RequestListener = new RequestListener(action, loader, endFunction, extra);

loader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, listener.requestSuccessful);

loader.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, listener.requestFailed);

loader.addEventListener(HTTPStatusEvent.HTTP_STATUS, onHTTPStatusChange);

var req:URLRequest = new URLRequest(Global.apiURL);

req.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;

req.data = new URLVariables(paramString);

loader.load(req);

return loader;

Note that it works on one of my routers but not the access point:

onHTTPStatusChange: 0

requestFailed: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: { ... }" errorID=2032]

Since it works on one router but not the other, I can't say that it's an issue with the app, phone, or our request URL.

Note that I am using SSL / https.

Is it a timeout issue?? This is really frustrating.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to solve this issue? I am also experiencing it currently.

Update: Turns out in my case that adding an HTTPStatusEvent.HTTP_RESPONSE_STATUS event handler fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wtf, that ended up fixing it for me too.. what the hell?

weirdest thing for me was that even though i was getting IOError... the Event returned in the IOError actually had the DATA in it from the server...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mob_eng_at_edt and @K2xL.com, How did you change the date/time?  Did you have to update your computer clock settings or did you do something in the AS3 code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The date/time of the windows machine needs to be set correctly for air's SSL to work on Windows 7.

Even though the time is not an unreasonable thing to expect to be set correctly, it breaks our product if it is set too far off.

It seems to be an issue with Adobe's SSL implementation in Air, because all other SSL on the same machine work's fine no matter how the time is set.

Thanks,

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I saw that in the forums. The device's time is accurate though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it appears that the issue had something to do with the beta version of AIR SDK 3.8, so I reverted to AIR SDK 3.7 and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently switched to Adobe AIR 3.8 and now I'm facing the same issue. Our HTTPS requests don't go through on Android and I'm getting 2032 in response. It is pretty serious issue for my project since HTTPS is a big part of the functionality. Did anybody find a solution for this?

In the meantime I'll have to switch back to 3.7. Don't understand why Adobe didn't fix this even though the issue was discovered in beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this has been reported over at http://bugbase.adobe.com?  I'd be happy to research the status on this if I can get a bug number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. I didn't report the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zhenya1919 - since you're currently going through this, could you please open a new bug report on this over at https://bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding the bug, please include some sample code or a sample application so we can quickly test this out internally.  If you'd like to keep this private, feel free to email the attachment to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com). 

Once added, please post back with the URL so that others effected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here it is:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3640323

I included as much code as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this exact problem recently and it was because the date/time on the computer was more than 24 hours off, causing SSL to fail. It's an Air issue - worked fine in any browser and  in a Flex app running in the browser that uses SSL, but not in an Air app until the date/time was set correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines