Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Posting to FAQ

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't think it is necessarily a good idea for "community members" to be able to post discussions to FAQ pages on the forums:

Google Chrome1.png

In the LiveCycle Designer FAQ page, the top three posts are general questions, best placed on the main forum page.

Questions posted on the FAQ page may not be seen or get answered. In addition, the answers may not be correct or as complete as one would expect in an FAQ.

I think the FAQ page should be left to someone with higher "status".

Niall

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niall,

This has been a common problem in many FAQ sub-forums. Some have a notice, i.e. a "stickie," instructing others to NOT post to the FAQ sub-forums. Also, most MOD's, who do post to FAQ sub-forums, will Lock their posts.

Ideally, a MOD should move general Discussions FROM FAQ sub-forums, out to the main forums.

Just my thoughts,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Bill,

Yes, I agree and the MOD in this case has moved the posts to the LC Designer forum. I was just surprised that the ability was there at all, as it just seems undesirable.

Cheers,

Niall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niall,

I do not even pretend to know all the possibilities, when one either creates a FAQ Sub-forum, or administers it, but would think that there IS a way, to actually restrict postings, such as Open ONLY to MOD's, Administrators, etc.. Maybe someone with knowledge can instruct us both.

To date, the message to "Please Do Not Post to this Forum," seems to be the norm, but many posters do not read that, or heed that. Same for a few of the Root Forums, where someone finds a way to post there. Happens every few months, from my observations. Still, some sort of Lock should be possible, but maybe not worth it?

Good points,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's possible to limit the posting permissions on a sub-forum, though whether it's used depends on who set up that area of the site, and how the mods responsible for that area wish to operate. There are situations where you may want to reply to an FAQ (to ask for clarification, etc) so a blanket lock on everything isn't necessarily the way to go. It depends how often the mods scan these 'backwaters' for wayward content and move it into the correct place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave,

Good point.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines