• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 Crashes at launch

New Here ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ID CS6 from Creative Cloud. I am running Win 7 Pro 64x. Every time splash screen gets to "Starting service registry" ID crashes. I have not been able to start ID at all. All other applications work, PS 6, Ai 6, Acrobat X but not ID. I have uninstalled previous versions of Creative Suite and installed them back, uninstalled ID 6 and installed back. Nothing helps. Win application event shows error: Faulting module path C:\........CoolType.dll and ntdll.dll

Help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Similar issue here. Uninstalled CS5 before installing CS6 (but it seems that uninstaller left a lot of files, I now deleted any visible traces, run ccleaner to fix many registry letfovers too). Reinstalled same problem.

Application log a bit different:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 8.0.0.370, time stamp: 0x4f72c3ee

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319

Exception code: 0xe06d7363

Fault offset: 0x0000b9bc

Faulting process id: 0x1a48

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd390e6613abf3

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: adbe67b1-a501-11e1-984b-005056c00008

Fault bucket 2960236122, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: InDesign.exe

P2: 8.0.0.370

P3: 4f72c3ee

P4: KERNELBASE.dll

P5: 6.1.7601.17651

P6: 4e211319

P7: e06d7363

P8: 0000b9bc

P9:

P10:

Also have other fault:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 8.0.0.370, time stamp: 0x4f72c3ee

Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x0008d6fd

Faulting process id: 0x1ef4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd390a85568c79

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll

Report Id: d47cfae4-a4fd-11e1-984b-005056c00008

Also unable to open a ticket with Adobe, seems the link from the website is invalid/donw.... great start!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with CS6, see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4432510

As a work-around run InDesign CS6 as an administrator. Of course, if your work environment allows elevated privileges for e.g. InDesign.

Cheers,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, however running as Admin doesn't help either. Anyone else find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I can temorarily get InDesign to start by holding Ctrl-Alt-Shift and answer yes to "do you want to delete the preferences file" but it only boots a few times before I have to do that again. Works great if I can get it started. Win7-64 etc.

Anyone have a better solution? Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Nothing works. I am the admin, Ctrl+Alt+Shift clears preferences, but app doesn't launch. Adobe, speak up here. This is money down the drain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All  ,

I know you people are facing the same issue that is the crash at the startup of Indesign but the reason from crash could be different for each one of you.

It could be corrupt font , User profile issues , corrupt preferences etc.

I would suggest please follow the steps in the below given article and then check :-

For Windows:- http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

For Mac:- http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Step 6 Disable extensions worked for me. I found one (or two) that I have to keep disabled: Package & Pre. With those off, the app seems to work. TB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ttblum,

In your situation I'd be tempted to uninstall, run the clean script (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick. I'm up and running with 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED FOR ME! Hopefully this will work for you...

ERROR:

InDesign hangs on "Starting Up Service Registry..." followed by a Windows Error Box saying that "Adobe InDesign CS6 has stopped working."

WORKING SOLUTION:

I've been having the same InDesign crash on startup all day and after trying and failing at just about every suggested fix I was able to find a solution. Essentially, this all boiled down to a corrupted font that I had installed on my system (Win X64). I went into my font manager and disabled all the fonts that I had installed, which left only the system fonts, ran InDesign and it started up perfectly. This makes sense since InDesign is so dependent on font files for it to run properly. You'd figure Adobe would at least update the app to include some kind of diagnostic to detect something like this, but I'm just happy it's fixed.

If you are running a font manager, just uninstall/deactivate any manually installed fonts. If it works for you then you can start turning on font sets to isolate the corrupted font from there.

A FEW OF MY PREVIOUSLY FAILED SOLUTIONS FOR REFERENCE:

• Reset default printer
  • Rename SING folder
  • Move or rename the BIB.dll file
  • Rename C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign folder to "InDesignOLD"
  • Rename C:\Program File (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign to "Adobe InDesignOLD"
  • Create a new Window 7 Admin user, remove InDesign, Set up an "msconfig" Selective Start Profile, reinstall as the new admin, re-enable normal profile

PS. Adobe's knowledge seems to be highly deficient in this issue and after spending over 2 hours on a live chat and messing up my system with new Win7 user accounts and software uninstall/installs I came to this solution independent of them. They will most likely send you on a wild goose chase if your problem is similar to this. I recommend trying the forum-posted solutions first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the admin on my Windows 8 64-bit machine, and after trying step 6 (disabling all extensions which were not locked) it still didn't work.  Just to try something different, I right-clicked on the icon, and said start as Admin, and it worked.  I re-enabled all the previously disabled extensions, and tried it again, and as long as I right click, and start it as admin, it works.  (Wondering if there's any issue with me running it as admin...)  Oh, by the way, I've got a Solid State Drive (SSD) as my C:\ drive, so during my install of Windows 8 I relocated the users directory to E:\ because I wanted to minimize the impact on my system drive.  Also, after installing the Adobe Application Manager, I changed the preferences to install to E:\Adobe. (Just thought I'd mention the "non-standard" tweaks I did.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James from Denver,

We have a known issue with Indesign CS6 when we have the User profile moved to the different drive.

I have discussed the issue on the following thread which could be useful.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5353775

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a similar issue using InDesign CC - whenever I select the type tool the program crashes. After a call to Adobe we tried using on a different Admin profile which cured the problem. Since reading on here I turned off all non-system fonts and now it works perfectly.

Will try only turning on essential fonts until I find the one that kills it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indesign CS6 hung at "Starting Up Service Registry..." -- no error message . The solution from DJ Carey, above, worked perfectly.

Windows 7 64-bit

07-13-14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines