Skip navigation
Bretemaches
Currently Being Moderated

Multiple languagues

Jun 12, 2012 2:47 AM

Tags: #content #dps

Hi, I´m having a trouble:

Need to create a Single App with multiple languagues, pe Spanish, Italian, French. At this time I know how to make these languages avaliable in every document of Indesign I made (wiht buttons) but: Is there any solution to make it avaliable throught the beginig of the document, all across it, and not by electing the language in any page of the folio?

Hope you understand my question. Many thanks, Angel.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to Bretemaches

In case you need to create 1 app with Multiple Language Folios, you would need to create a Muti-Issue App and you would need to publish each Folio with a diferrent product id. Ideally, you may insert name of the language in your Folio Title so that the users may download the Folio with the language they wish to read content in accordingly. Thus you would need to distribute and divide your content into multiple folios, each for diferrent language content and then publish these folios with diferrent product id to the same App. You would need either DPS Professional or Enterprise account to do that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 1:32 PM   in reply to Bretemaches

Not really. A single edition application contains exactly one folio.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 7:33 AM   in reply to Bretemaches

I presume that you maybe using navto: to navigate to pages, however users who use your App would be able to navigate manually to other languages as well since those pages would also be inside the App, if you are okay with that, you may use this feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to Bretemaches

Himanshu's suggestion is what I was going to say. Include each language in your folio, one after the other. Then make the first page of your folio be a table of contents with links to the first page of each localized section of the folio.

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points